MMT Community
June 22, 2017, 06:31:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr.LON journey wit  (Read 5234 times)
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:03 PM »

Hi there
Hope you are all doing well
I'm going to write a retrospective diary about my lengthening journey
These are some initial details
Starting height : 168. 5
Current height : 176 (early motning) , 176(late night)
Amount of lengthening : 6. 5 cm
Wingspan : 175
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »

Current height : 176 (early morning) , 175 (late night)
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »

Method of lengthening : external fixator with IM nail ( LON)
First surgery : 22-5-2016
Started lengthening : 1-6-2016
Stopped lengthening : 18-8-2016
Duration of lengthening : 78 days - 8 days off = 70 days
Rate of lengthening : 1mm/day
On paper : 7 cm
Actual gain : 6.5 com
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:46:01 PM »

Frames removal : 21-8-2016
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »

The day of the 1st operation
Type of anesthesia : general , i didn't like to undergo spinal ansethesia
Duration of operarion : about 5 hours
I was taken to the operation theater on wheelchair and i thought that they were preparing me for the coming days with wheelchair !
They put a mask and ingected me with general anesthetic agent then after counting to 7 I couldn't remeber anything
In the recovery room I was drowsy but i checked my legs and I was about to panik when I saw them wrapped in all theses bandages around the exfix 
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »

Congratulations Dr.Lon.

Which doctor has performed the surgery ?

I wish you good luck for faster recovery.
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »

Congratulations Dr.Lon.

Which doctor has performed the surgery ?

I wish you good luck for faster recovery.

Thanks a million
The doctor who performed the surgery is Dr.Castro , he isn't one of the famous surgeons in this forum , but he is the best in my country , and considered to be a fellow of the Russian orthopedic school
Any questions I'll be here to answer
goodlucktomylegs
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »

Hi there
Hope you are all doing well
I'm going to write a retrospective diary about my lengthening journey
These are some initial details
Starting height : 168. 5
Current height : 176 (early motning) , 176(late night)
Amount of lengthening : 6. 5 cm
Wingspan : 175

Who where
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

Who where

Dr.Castro / Jordan
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 03:01:51 PM »

After being taken to my room in the hospital after the first surgery it was like i underwent a very smooth surgery , but once the morphine effect ceased i had an excruciating pain in my both legs , pethidine injections were given to me repeatedly

2nd , 3rd and 4th day , they were the same , a little pain but sleepless nights
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 11:48:31 PM »

After six days of being hospitalized , i got discharged home , my family was very supportive , they took care of me .
I was instructed not to start distraction for about 7 days post-op .
I had a very ulgy hematoma in both legs but it faded away after about 5 days
During those 7 days i was having the worst pain ever but i managed to take tramadol 100mg , so I felt drowsy amost the whole day
The worst part of the story during those days was sleeping ! I couldn't find a comfortable position
My appetite was so bad
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 09:55:05 AM »

After 7 days of waiting post-op i started turning 1mm/day for 10 days , then the dr asked me to have an X ray and visit his clinic
The measuements on X ray were very good , I gained 1.1 in left leg and 1 cm in right leg , i was surprised because of the additional mm in my left leg , and according to the diaries in this forum i expected to get less than one cm , but the dr told me he had laready distracted 3 mm on each side during the osteotomy
On scale from 0-10 the pain on most days wasn't more than 3 so i managed to take optalgin
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 06:37:11 AM »

During the distraction phase I did my physio sesseions but not regularly , but i kept standing for 10 minutes every hour to avoid ballerina
It was all fine till one day when I reached 3 cm , I was trying to stand and suddenly I heard a harsh sound , it was one of the wires which was broken and I bled a little bit , I called my doctor and he advised me not to panic and to visit his clinic
He cut the other side of the wire and pulled it without any sort of anesthesia , it was very painful
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »

Hi Dr.Lon,

Duration of lengthening : 78 days - 8 days off = 70 days
Rate of lengthening : 1mm/day

Did you got any ballerina foot while lengthening that fast?

Also, How much did you pay in total with that doctor?

Congratz on your achievement ! Smiley

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:59 AM »

Hi Dr.Lon,

Did you got any ballerina foot while lengthening that fast?

Also, How much did you pay in total with that doctor?

Congratz on your achievement ! Smiley

I have ballerina feet , but it's not a nightmare since it's improving day by day , almost gone in the right but still about 1.5 cm in the left with very minimal dorsiflexion in this foot !
For frame and nail insertion + frame removal and nail locking + nail removal (not performed yet) + hospital stay + medications = 15000$

I have ballerina feet , but it's improving with physiotherapy, in the right leg it's almost gone but in the left still there is about 1 cmm b
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »

I have ballerina feet , but it's not a nightmare since it's improving day by day , almost gone in the right but still about 1.5 cm in the left with very minimal dorsiflexion in this foot !
For frame and nail insertion + frame removal and nail locking + nail removal (not performed yet) + hospital stay + medications = 15000$

I have ballerina feet , but it's improving with physiotherapy, in the right leg it's almost gone but in the left still there is about 1 cmm b

Congrats on your lengthening

Im currently lengthening in Beijing using external fixators, im lengthening at 0.66mm a day, lucky you getting to do 1mm!

How do you feel since the operation, how is your walking coming along?

Ive had complications so far, i had a pin taken out and repositioned yesterday as it was irritating a nerve ending causing my iner hamstring tendon to go into a spasm when i tried to straighten my leg quickly.

We could use some physiotherapy here!!!
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 11:49:00 AM »

Congrats on your lengthening

Im currently lengthening in Beijing using external fixators, im lengthening at 0.66mm a day, lucky you getting to do 1mm!

How do you feel since the operation, how is your walking coming along?

Ive had complications so far, i had a pin taken out and repositioned yesterday as it was irritating a nerve ending causing my iner hamstring tendon to go into a spasm when i tried to straighten my leg quickly.

We could use some physiotherapy here!!!

thank you , wish you all the best
I feel great , there is a very obvious improvement from day to day , ballerina is getting better and I managed to walk using crutches very well
about the complications I went through the following complications :
1- one of the wires had broken and the doctor pulled it without anesthesia
2- pin site infection in my right foot and one of the pins was replaced
3- soft tissue tightening around the left ankle and very limited range of motion
but all are getting better
just be patient and everything will be fine dude
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »

After being involved in this mini-procedure to pull out the broken wire , everything was going well , till 10 days later when I had severe swelling in my right leg associated with very excruciating pain that prevented me from standing or even doing any minimal movement , so my family took me againg to my doctor who started IV antibiotics immediately and for 3 days after which the infection was gone and I was able to stand and move my leg once again .

Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »

After finishing the distraction phase , a surgery for frame removal and distal interlocking screws insertion was scheduled , I was admitted one day before the surgery and the routine investigations were done , the next day I was taken to the operation theatre and the only thing I remember was the anesthesia mask , after the surgery which took about an hour I was moved to the recovery room at which I started to realize that my legs are free for the first time since about 80 days
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

Now I'm 50 days post-frame removal
I can walk using one elbow crutch
Sometimes I feel comfortable to walk unaided but still my muscles are weak to beary weight and the callus is still immature and not enough to stop using the crutches .
My main concern is my left ankle dorsiflexion , regradless how much efforr I put during physiotherapy and exercise session it's still limited and affecting my gait , to be honest i feel like crippled when trying to walk unaided
Wish me luck so my dorsiflexiob gets better after all this suffering
I
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.