MMT Community
April 26, 2017, 02:12:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr.LON journey wit  (Read 4630 times)
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »

The day 65 post-frame removal , there are good points and some bad
Starting with the good ones :
1- almost no more ballerina but still can't use the heel strike at the begining of step
2- No more pain except a very minimal tingling sensation after sranding for a long time
3- can drive my car like before
4- can take a shower in standing position !
5- going upstairs is not a problem anymore
6- i managed to increase the diameter of my thigh muscles from 38 to 49  which helps me a lot to improve my posture
7- no more chicken legs

The bad points :
1- scars are very ugly and bother me
2- dorsiflexion in the left anklw is not more than 3 degrees in best situations
3- left side big toe is almost paralysed
4- can't go downstairs without support !
5- early morning stiffness is awful
6- my final measurement is 174.5 cm so the actual gain is 6 cm exactly
7- i have minimal duckass regardless the fact that i did tibias not femurs !
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

How to post a video ?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 11:05:37 PM »

How to post a video ?

Hi pal can you tell me how your muscles feel when the frames come off? Do they finally relax after having those pins pulled out of them?

Is it a lot easier to stretch?
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »

Hey Dr. Lon,

One method is you post a video on YouTube or another website and then post a link here.

Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »

Hi pal can you tell me how your muscles feel when the frames come off? Do they finally relax after having those pins pulled out of them?

Is it a lot easier to stretch?

Hi there
At the very begining , it was awful , the stiffness was very bad , but after about two weeks of physiotherapy post-frame removal it was way better , it took me about two months to get rid of the early morning stiffness and ballerina , but the dorsiflexion in my left foor is alarming with no improvement at all
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 06:26:57 PM »

I did 2.5-3cms or so I started to realise the effect of the potential loss of too much dorsiflexion so decided to stop. You can only get so much back once lengthening is done from what I read. Poor dorsiflexion destroys sporting ability and walking I just couldn't risk going further.

I hope you manage to improve your dorsiflexion it sadly is something that is never discussed on the forums and it is extremely serious.

I cant wait to get these frames off I'm utterly sick of them. My legs have atrophied so much and my knees have started to click due to muscle imbalances highly annoying.

I actually at this moment regret this surgery the pain, the inactivity the muscle atrophy etc it's just not worth it sleeping and showering in frames is utterly miserable as well
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 12:42:21 AM »

I did 2.5-3cms or so I started to realise the effect of the potential loss of too much dorsiflexion so decided to stop. You can only get so much back once lengthening is done from what I read. Poor dorsiflexion destroys sporting ability and walking I just couldn't risk going further.

I hope you manage to improve your dorsiflexion it sadly is something that is never discussed on the forums and it is extremely serious.

I cant wait to get these frames off I'm utterly sick of them. My legs have atrophied so much and my knees have started to click due to muscle imbalances highly annoying.

I actually at this moment regret this surgery the pain, the inactivity the muscle atrophy etc it's just not worth it sleeping and showering in frames is utterly miserable as well

If i want to be honest to myself and you , this forum is the most common misleading cause of taking the risk of such surgery , a lot of complications were never mentioned in this forum , the height neurosis is taking over any other concern , some members here know that they lost their athletic abilities and became somehow disabled but they kept trying to convince themsleves with the risks of undergoing through all this suffering
My advice to anyone who is willing to lengthen is to rethink one million times before making the decision , and to choose the best surgeon exist not the one they can afford , and not to go with external fixators whether the externals are monorails or ilizarov
I lengthend about 6 cm with external fixators and the journey was never easy and I'm still trying to return my life

The dorsiflexion issue is extremely neglected and ignored regardless rhe fact that the dorsiflexion is the central dogma of heel strike and walking

I wish you all the best , to remove the frames and to restore all your flexibility
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 02:57:56 AM »

If i want to be honest to myself and you , this forum is the most common misleading cause of taking the risk of such surgery , a lot of complications were never mentioned in this forum , the height neurosis is taking over any other concern , some members here know that they lost their athletic abilities and became somehow disabled but they kept trying to convince themsleves with the risks of undergoing through all this suffering
My advice to anyone who is willing to lengthen is to rethink one million times before making the decision , and to choose the best surgeon exist not the one they can afford , and not to go with external fixators whether the externals are monorails or ilizarov
I lengthend about 6 cm with external fixators and the journey was never easy and I'm still trying to return my life

The dorsiflexion issue is extremely neglected and ignored regardless rhe fact that the dorsiflexion is the central dogma of heel strike and walking

I wish you all the best , to remove the frames and to restore all your flexibility

Thanks im actually glad i only did the 2.5cms-3cms the loss of rom in the ankle is extremely irritating and is never discussed on this forum or the other forum. Its astonishing how this side effect from lengthening is ignored yet cra* like proportions is discussed

My advice to anybody out there is to avoid this surgery. The loss of mobility in ankles (the more you do the more you lose) the pain,nthe boredom, the frustration, the sleepless nights, the inability to wash properly, the frames on your legs 24/7 its utter torture. The amount of time it takes for bones to consolidate in frames if you decide against the nailing is frustrating as well.

Too many people are unaware of the risks of this surgery and there are too many liars on these boards ie 'i did 7/8/9/10 cms on tibias i can walk and play sports like normal' types.

Best of luck in your recovery Dr Lon
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 03:05:15 AM »

I completely agree about the neurosis taking over and clouding peoples judgement. The last thing people are going to care about is proportions when they can no longer walk normally. When i was doing my treatment there was a guy there who got 2.5cms off his legs as his ankle mobility was far too restricted at 5.5cms. People need to know this stuff before they do this surgery because one thing is for certain you wont find it on these biards and the greedy cash hungry doctors will certainly not tell you about these issues caused by excessive lengthening. They dont even tell people of the risk of getting nails put through your knees after the lengthening is stopped its utterly immoral and criminal patients are not told of this before they undergo the operation
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 03:53:28 AM »

Hey Dr.  Lon,

Do you think your complications could have been minimized if you stretched consistently months before and during and after your LL process? Could you post a video of you walking (wear a mask or blur face etc)

Ssteiner, I have yet to see a diary of a person who has lots of muscles lengthen successfully with external method. I think your main problem was your muscle mass.

Thank you to both of you for your advice.

TrueSpartan
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 04:13:14 AM »

Hey Dr.  Lon,

Do you think your complications could have been minimized if you stretched consistently months before and during and after your LL process? Could you post a video of you walking (wear a mask or blur face etc)

Ssteiner, I have yet to see a diary of a person who has lots of muscles lengthen successfully with external method. I think your main problem was your muscle mass.

TrueSpartan

Muscle mass was part of the problem i was probably only getting half the amount i was lengthening daily. The loss of flexibility though is inevitable the more you do.

No amount of stretching beforehand will stop the loss of flexibility eventually. Any stretching you do beforehand will likely be undone anyway. Muscles and tendons go into a shortened state when you are bedridden for most of the day which you are when you do this procedure.

These issues are with everyone who lengthen the only people who say otherwise are in denial

My advice to anyone thinking of this is to forget about it it is not a sensible or safe way to increase your height. The only way height in humans will ever be altered safely is by getting in before your growth plates have shut. There will never be a way to lengthen soft tissues so the function of the limb isnt altered its just not possible.

Go on to limblengthening forum if you want to see a bunch of deluded idiots regarding this operation. Look at all the threads 'proportions' 'more proportions' 'proportions mock up' 'do i look ok at these lengths on tibias' etc etc etc proportions are the least of their worries
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »

Dr Lon has your doctor suggested you get a gastrocnemius release at all?
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

Hey Dr.  Lon,

TrueSpartan

I am a general physician , and i can assure you that there is no single exercise that can be done prior to surgery to minimize the stiffness and limitation in the range of motion
If you are really willing to lengthen just go with internals
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 03:19:32 PM »

Dr Lon has your doctor suggested you get a gastrocnemius release at all?

He would never suggest such a surgery since he is a competent doctor , gastrocnemius release is the worst thing that can be done to the achilles tendon
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »

He would never suggest such a surgery since he is a competent doctor , gastrocnemius release is the worst thing that can be done to the achilles tendon

Yeah I thought messing around with soft tissues would be dodgy. Has your physio said you can regain more dorsiflexion in time? Do you regret doing this surgery at all. Lying here in frames at the moment I'm regretful my body is a complete mess with atrophy and the frames are a nightmare. I just pray my next x Ray will confirm that I have enough cortices to get these frames removed.
Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »

Here is video showing me walking unassissted about 97 days post-frame removal
https://vimeo.com/193244751
Password to watch : 56566565
Wish me luck
Thank you all
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 04:28:08 PM »

Here is video showing me walking unassissted about 97 days post-frame removal
https://vimeo.com/193244751
Password to watch : 56566565
Wish me luck
Thank you all

Best of luck given time I think you will improve
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

Hey Dr. LON,

Thank you for posting the video. Judging from the video alone your recovery looks superb. It's only been 6 months from the day of your surgery,  you lengthened 6.5cm and your already walking without support.  I think your recovery will be great. It just needs more time.

Good luck and thanks for the updates

TrueSpartan
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »

Those are sobering words Dr. LON, and I agree with nearly all of what you are saying. Most people should not do elective leg lengthening. Most people underestimate the pain, difficulty, and impact on the body no matter how much research they do. External fixators are not the best way to do leg lengthening for a variety of reasons, but some people feel that they have no other option. Any person who chooses to be a limb lengthening patient needs to accept the possibility that there could be some long term impact on their legs from the surgery or they should not do it.

With all of that being said, I believe that you still have a lot of healing to do. You are very early in the healing process. You will walk much better than you do now when your soft tissues strengthen and recover. It will take a lot longer than you had hoped or anticipated, but it will happen. I do know how you feel right now because I have been there too. It took me much longer to recover after my lengthening than I thought it would. It is frustrating to finish lengthening, get back to walking, and to still have your legs feel like jelly. People often forget that the recovery after lengthening takes 2-3 times as long as the lengthening does. Waiting on your body to heal to the point that your legs feel  like they are yours again is one of the hardest parts of the battle. The more work you put into your recovery the faster it will be and the better it will be.

We all look forward to seeing a new video of you 3-6 months from now and then 3-6 months after that. At some point, if your doctor did a good job, you will nearly forget that you ever had this surgery and went through this experience.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 06:26:06 PM »

Hi Dr Lon,

Looking at your video, it looks great for the time that has only passed (Like TrueSpartan said).

To be honest, if you really think you'll be healed up in less than a year you are deluded.

This cosmetic surgery will take time before you'll be healed up 100%.

I have been looking at a lot of diaries and there is nobody here that has healed up to 100% in less than a year or 2 beside Apothesis, but he is a legend.

@Steiner,

I'm very sorry for your loss but I really think you should have considered the risk before you engaged the surgery.
It's a lot of time and money waste for the small lengthening you did.

I hope everything will turn alright for you, a lot of people heal from their *ballerina foot* after a long period of training.

I am no expert on LL, but these are my humble opinion!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.