MMT Community
June 28, 2017, 02:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camillo - External Tibias - Dr. Catagni and Dr. Pili - 2016 - Growing In Italy  (Read 2705 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: October 24, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »

Camillo has asked me to start a diary for him for his tibia lengthening. Congrats on starting your journey.
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »

Funny how I got the same name as the Dr.  Grin

I wish you a painless and complicationless lenghtening Camillo!

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:07:41 AM »

Thank you Sys

Hi guys,

Just a quick update from me.

I am 172 cm tall
I had my surgery on Oct 13
I stayed 2 nights at the hospital and then back by train to my apartment which is a couple of hours far
My goal is to grow 8 cm, I will start lengthening in a couple of days 0. 75 mm everyday
Method: hybrid of external fixator in my tibia
Doctor: Pili and Catagni together

So far I didn't have big problems.  However:
- it is hard to walk, you feel pain in your pins
- you have to basically live with rigid sandals and elastic that keep your feet at 90 degrees position
- hard to sleep (more for the sandals than for the fixator).  Any suggestion here?
- I took pills for pain, infection, sleep, swollen legs, spasms

First week I didn't do anything, I was in too much discomfort for the new situation.  After I got an email from the doctor saying to start the exercises he told me to do even if I was in pain, so I did.  After 10 days I had my first walk outside, I went to a restaurant in front of my apartment.  And just today I went to check the gym 200 meter far from my apartment (it took me 20 min to walk there!).

However, today I faced also some stairs and I may have stepped too hard with my left feet because I couldn't properly bend my right knee, so I had a strong pain straight away and since then I feel a strange "clicking" sensation in my left leg, like if the bone is moving.  I hope I didn't break anything.  Does anyone has experience with this?.  If it will not stop I may email the doctor tomorrow.

I will keep you update about my progress, tomorrow I am supposed to remove my stitches, at the clinic they gave me a scissor for that, but I never did it before, so I am wondering if it will be complicate or painful.  Did you guys remove the stitches yourself? Is it ok to do it alone?.  Also, I have my fist visit with the doctor scheduled in a couple of weeks.  My goal right now, unless my left leg will give me problem, is to increase the amount of meter I walk everyday, and keep going with the exercises.
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:03:02 PM »

Hi guys,

here un update. 

I lengthened 7. 5 cm, but the doctor has told me I can not go further without doing the Achilles tendons.

You may think that 7. 5 cm are a lot, but the doctor also told me to always consider 1 cm less than what I turned in the external fixator.  Plus, once I will removed it, I will lose another 0. 5 cm.  So actually I did 6 cm real.

Now I have to choose whether to do the Achilles tendons or stop.  If I do it, I can still lengthen 2-3 cm, reaching 8-9 cm real in the end.  The doctor advises me to do this additional operation, since there are no long-term consequences.

What do you think?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:39:36 AM »

Hi guys,

here un update. 

I lengthened 7. 5 cm, but the doctor has told me I can not go further without doing the Achilles tendons.

You may think that 7. 5 cm are a lot, but the doctor also told me to always consider 1 cm less than what I turned in the external fixator.  Plus, once I will removed it, I will lose another 0. 5 cm.  So actually I did 6 cm real.

Now I have to choose whether to do the Achilles tendons or stop.  If I do it, I can still lengthen 2-3 cm, reaching 8-9 cm real in the end.  The doctor advises me to do this additional operation, since there are no long-term consequences.

What do you think?

I'd advise you to stop at 6cms you are looking at 2 years recovery period already if you do even more you will extend that by a significant amount
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »

Hey Camillo.  First, I think you should go ahead and get the achilles surgery if Dr.  Pili says it is not damaging.
Also, I have some questions about your experience.
I'm American so If you're not Italian, may I ask how long you are staying in Italy and where you're from?
I've been doing some research lately about moving to Italy for the treatment with Dr.  Pili.
Monika has told me they extend a 90 days visa but I'm not sure which to apply for.
Anyway, great job on ~7 cm, I hope to be there in one year.
Keep going!
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »

Quote from: Ssteiner link=topic=8055. msg109115#msg109115 date=1485391176
I'd advise you to stop at 6cms you are looking at 2 years recovery period already if you do even more you will extend that by a significant amount

2 years? The doctor said I will recover in few months in both cases
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »

Quote from: zenithian link=topic=8055. msg109116#msg109116 date=1485429958
Hey Camillo.   First, I think you should go ahead and get the achilles surgery if Dr.   Pili says it is not damaging. 
Also, I have some questions about your experience. 
I'm American so If you're not Italian, may I ask how long you are staying in Italy and where you're from?
I've been doing some research lately about moving to Italy for the treatment with Dr.   Pili. 
Monika has told me they extend a 90 days visa but I'm not sure which to apply for. 
Anyway, great job on ~7 cm, I hope to be there in one year. 
Keep going!

Hey man, I am italian so I had no problem with visa etc.
I think you can do a 90 days tourist visa.  I know another american which is right now in Lecco, maybe you can ask more specific questions to dr.  pili about that.

Best,
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 03:47:31 PM »

2 years? The doctor said I will recover in few months in both cases

You will be recovered enough to walkbut in no way in hell will you've recovered completely to the point you have no stiffness or aches and pains, that takes a long time!

Achilles' tendon lengthenings are not safe if strongly advise against them, they permanently weaken the tendon and in a lot of cases don't even work
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 03:51:54 AM »

Of course you know your body better than we do but I might take steiner's advice and compromise it with Dr.  Pili's.
For example, maybe you could go ahead and get they achilles lengthening surgery but only if you want like 1 more
If you turn to 8. 5 cm, and as you said perhaps lose 1. 5 to end at 7 cm. 
Going to 9 or 10 cm and also having achilles surgery sounds like way too much recovery.
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 03:58:18 AM »

Oh, so you know someone who is doing the lengthening in Lecco from America.
Do you know any more details, like is he staying the whole period in Italy 10-12 months?
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »

Quote from: Ssteiner link=topic=8055. msg109119#msg109119 date=1485445651
You will be recovered enough to walkbut in no way in hell will you've recovered completely to the point you have no stiffness or aches and pains, that takes a long time!

Achilles' tendon lengthenings are not safe if strongly advise against them, they permanently weaken the tendon and in a lot of cases don't even work

I see.  What it is important for me right now is to have the EF removed.
Regarding ATL, thank you for advising me, I will do my own research before doing it then!
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 10:06:14 PM »

Quote from: zenithian link=topic=8055. msg109120#msg109120 date=1485489114
Of course you know your body better than we do but I might take steiner's advice and compromise it with Dr.   Pili's. 
For example, maybe you could go ahead and get they achilles lengthening surgery but only if you want like 1 more
If you turn to 8.  5 cm, and as you said perhaps lose 1.  5 to end at 7 cm.  
Going to 9 or 10 cm and also having achilles surgery sounds like way too much recovery. 

Hi Zen.  If I do ATL definitely I will go over 1 cm.  Doing the ATL for 1 cm It would not worth.  So In that case I will do other 2-3 cm turn on the EF at least.  Considering to lose 1. 5 cm, I will finish lengthening when I will get 8-9 cm taller.
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

Quote from: zenithian link=topic=8055. msg109121#msg109121 date=1485489498
Oh, so you know someone who is doing the lengthening in Lecco from America. 
Do you know any more details, like is he staying the whole period in Italy 10-12 months?

Yes, he is staying in Lecco since the whole period.  I strongly advise you to get in touch with dr.  Pili who will probably pass you his email (if he accepted to have his email shared).  You can find his diary in another famous forum like this one and send him a personal message.
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »

Pili's assistants don't always reply back quickly.  I asked about a week ago and no response.
Anyway, do you mind sharing how much everything was with the hospital/surgery etc?
I've been told about 20,000 for surgery, 800 for 8 consultations, ~1400 for frame removal, ~2400 for medications, physio, and Xrays for 1 year, and about ~4000 for achilles lengthening.  So roughly 28,500-29,000 base price plus food/rent/internet etc.
Is this about accurate from your experience?
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 02:11:45 PM »

Quote from: zenithian link=topic=8055. msg109126#msg109126 date=1485679284
Pili's assistants don't always reply back quickly.   I asked about a week ago and no response. 
Anyway, do you mind sharing how much everything was with the hospital/surgery etc?
I've been told about 20,000 for surgery, 800 for 8 consultations, ~1400 for frame removal, ~2400 for medications, physio, and Xrays for 1 year, and about ~4000 for achilles lengthening.   So roughly 28,500-29,000 base price plus food/rent/internet etc. 
Is this about accurate from your experience?

Hi Zen, I can confirm 20K for surgery, 100 per consultation is true too, but you have to remember you will need also x-ray everytime you go to consultation, and this cost other 100.

Regarding all the other expenses, I cannot confirm because if you are italian you are covered by public insurance, so you don't have to pay for frame removal or ATL.  For medication, if you do yourself I would assume half that price (1400).  Physio you don't need, just do the exercises that the doctor give you.  You can rent a good apartment in Lecco for less than 1000/month, I think including expenses but I am not sure about that because I live in a city around 3 hours far.
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »

What about if you have any complications? Do they charge extra in case there is problems during or after lengthening?
lestrac
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »

una foto di come procede il tuo intervento la puoi postare? grazie
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 11:08:20 PM »

What about if you have any complications? Do they charge extra in case there is problems during or after lengthening?

No, I don't think so but you want to check you situation because for me it could be different as I am covered by the italian public health insurance.
Camillo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 11:11:11 PM »

I had Achille Tendon Lengthening, tomorrow will be 10 days already. I can stand and walk with no problem but I have of course some pain in the heel since I have 2 wires there. I will remove them in other 20 days. The cut is bad but I will remove the stitches in few days. So it seems everything fine, I'll keep you posted.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.