MMT Community
December 14, 2017, 12:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Victory's Diary with Dr.Sringari  (Read 4794 times)
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« on: October 28, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

This is Victory's Diary with Dr.Sringari.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:49:32 AM »

Let's show Victor some love too!

Hi Victor,  thanks for sharing your story!
I'd be happy to read all of it!
But most important, let's hope you achieve the one thing you came for!

Kind greetings,
Archiboyz
fightforit
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »

hey Victory,
we are rooting for you  Smiley
please share your honest experience with us. give as much detail as you can.
you will be an inspiration for future LL'ers

regards,
fightforit

Starting Height-161cm | Dream Height-173cm | considering to operate on Tibias-6cm, Femur-6cm|

"perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness and yet become something beautiful"
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »

Hello Guys,
Hope you are all doing great.  This is my diary through which I want to share my LL experience.
Thank you ktala for helping me to start up a diary. 
My Special thanks to SYS-OP who is doing a great service by running this forum.

I am 27 years Indian male of Height 5’3”.  My initial aim was to add 3” (7. 5 -8 cm)more but after reading a lot of diaries and doing research,I decided to stick for 6cm of lengthening which is relatively safe and also to avoid major complications.

I will tell you how my LL journey started and how I ended up choosing Dr.  Shringari for doing this surgery in my next post.

For Now, I will  briefly explain how the things went for me after undergoing this surgery.

October 2nd - I reached Delhi( Origin- Hyderabad,India(My Hometown)) at midnight around 2. 30 am This is because flight got delayed couple of times(So annoying).  I was supposed to reach Delhi by 7. 30pm but I ended up reaching at midnight 2. 30 am.  I kept on updating harry about my flight status and he was very cool about it (Thanks Harry ). I called him after reaching Delhi and he came to pick me up around 3 am .  I reached guest house around 3. 40 am and went to sleep straight away.

October 3rd: Our care taker Akbar(Very nice guy) woke me up around 9. 30 am and told that Harry is coming to take me to the hospital for surgery.  They did some formal tests and took me to OT around 2. 30pm.  They started making preparations and in the mean time Dr. Shringari came and greeted me with a smile. Surgery started around 3. 00 pm and it ended around 7pm.  I was brought to my room in the hospital around 7. 30 pm .  During the middle of the surgery,I felt lot of shivering and weakness and wasn’t able to handle that.  At that time,I felt like that I will die on that OT bed.  Seeing my suffering, anaesthetist(Very friendly guy) came to me and murmured in my ear whether I would like to have an injection for sleep .  I said yes and he gave me an injection instantly which ended my suffering.  I will try to explain in detail about my experiences in hospital during the surgery process in my coming posts. 

October 6th: Harry came to to discharge me from hospital and took me to guest house around 10 pm.  I felt a lot of pain because that was the first time I got to move my legs after the surgery.

October 7- 13:Nothing much happened.  Gradually got adopted to the frames and guest house during this period.  The most I like about the guest house is the people here are very sweet and friendly.  They will make you feel it like home. Thanks guys.  Now and then Philip and ktala used to come to my room and share things which is great thing for a new patient like me.

October 14: I was waiting curiously for this day and finally started turning 1mm Daily .

October 25 : Went for first X-ray  By this time , I turned 1. 1 cm and achieved same in my left leg without any loss and I achieved 1. 3 in my right leg.   Harry told me that the extra 2mm in right leg is dur to the frame's disc height which also got included in the calculation.  And also personally I feel that the x-ray guy didn't took the x-ray properly.

November 7- Till date, I have turned 2. 5 cm and probably will go for my next x-ray in this week. Hopefully,I will gain all the turned length without any loss.
I will post my pics in my next post .  Thanks guys.
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 07:07:21 AM »

Hey Arch and Fightforit,
Thanks for your wishes guys.  Surely,I will be honest and share as much as possible.

Regards,
LL Victory
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 09:43:19 AM »

Hi LL Victory!

So you're already at 2.5 cm congrats!

Is the pain manageable?

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »

Thanks El Pili Pili.  To be honest,I haven't felt significant pain at all till 2. 3 cm.  Since last two days, I am getting pin cutting pain in my right leg.  When I do band exercises, I feel a bit of pain because the current pin cutting  is near to my right foot. Still it is quite manageable.
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »

Hello Guys,
Sorry for being late with the update.  I have got my new x-ray and a bit worried about it.  In my left leg,there is a huge growth of callus and was afraid of bone union.  But Harry told me that still it is okay and asked me to lengthen 1. 25 mm for couple of days. This is because Harry feels that my left leg gap is less than right though it is showing 3. 1 cm same as right leg in x ray. Today is my last day(turned for 4 days) to turn 1. 25 mm per day in left leg. In total I turned 3. 6 cm in both legs till date.  This time,I may go for next x-ray soon because need to check again how my lengthening is(especially in left) and also the callus formation.  I stopped taking calcium and milk to slowdown my callus growth.

Below are the few images.

hxxp: i. imgur. com/XBnvxM1. jpg?2 : Recent X-ray

hxxp: i. imgur. com/5412hfr. jpg?2 : First X-ray

hxxp: i. imgur. com/loTybe0. jpg : Pin cutting

hxxp: i. imgur. com/siW89mR. jpg : first pic after surgey

hxxp: i. imgur. com/uEZEc9H. jpg : after turning 3. 1 cm

hxxp: i. imgur. com/St1iDhY. jpg : hxxp: i. imgur. com/vGt78vp. jpg
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »

Pain levels:
As mentioned in my previous post,until 2. 3 cm,I never felt any pain but after that I got pin cutting in my right leg and took some antibiotics for that . Now I am okay and doesn't feel any pain at that pin site.  Coming to left leg, Since I turned 1. 25 mm for couple of days,today I felt slight stiffness in my knee joint and took muscle relaxant and feeling better .  Overall, I am fine with the pain levels.   Forgot to tell you, Harry is doing physio twice after my recent x-ray and feels that my flexibility is still good.  Thank god and hopefully,it should continue this way.
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »

Please try these links for images.

hxxp: imgur. com/5412hfr: First X-ray

hxxp: imgur. com/XBnvxM1: Recent X-ray

hxxp: imgur. com/4cTriic : Initial pin cutting

hxxp: imgur. com/siW89mR : At 0 turning.

hxxp: imgur. com/uEZEc9H: After turning 3. 1 cm

hxxp: imgur. com/St1iDhY : With Banage after surgery

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »

Hi Victory!

It has been awhile.
We sure hope you are doing fine and everything is going according to your wishes!

Let us know how you are doing!

Kind greetings,
Arch
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 04:48:57 AM »

Hello Arch,
I am doing better and ready for the frame removal.  It got scheduled on 20th December.  Though my initial aim was to lengthen 6 cm, I am stopping it at 5. 5 cm  to avoid major ballerina. I am standing every day and currently my feet is touching flat on the ground. But according to harry, there is a chance of getting ballerina after the frame removal. Hoping for the best.  Thanks.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »

Hi Victory,

I think if you are doing fine now, you'll be fine later as long you keep doing your exercises daily!

Do you mind putting up any x rays? Or clear pictures?

Dr Sringari patience does have a lot of complications with foot inversion/ballerina.

Keep us updated Victory!

Kind greetings,
Arch
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 04:54:58 AM »

Hello,

Here are some of my pics

LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »

I cant watch them Sad
Could you reupload them please?

Thanks!
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 03:14:57 AM »

Hello Arch,
I tried reloading my images but couldn't do it.  I thought there is a problem with my laptop and even tried doing it from Ktala's laptop but failed.  Please suggest me if you know some solution. 
LL victory
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »

Hello Everyone,
It's been a while from my last update.I got my frame removed on 20th December and yet to now about ballerina. Harry did physio for couple of times and working on my knee bending first. I stood for couple of minutes yesterday and couldn't do well as I have lot of pain since it's been only 6 days after the surgery. I started doing knee bending exercises and couple of other exercises for stretching calf muscle. Coming to pain issues,I have pain in the right ankle and little pain at cut in the fibula as well.I am getting it more when I am trying to put my leg flat by taking support of the ankle.Have little knee pain and tightness as well.Don't hesitate to give me if you have any valuable tips.Thanks.

One more thing I want to inform you guys is our physio Harry is starting new venture on his own and planning to improve the services by adding some more in the package. All the details will be disclosed soon.  He is now planning to start this procedure with some other reputed doctors as well(Both Internal and External methods) . So, from now on you will have the flexibility to choose the technique and doctor as well. Currently, the package covers accommodation, Food, X-ray,Medication,Doctor visits, Physio, Care taker etc. But as I said above, the new services that are going to get added in the package will be disclosed soon.

You can contact Harry on
 contact@harrysrehab.com
 and also can visit http://harrysrehab.com/
Romy
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 05:26:44 PM »

Hey victory, how are you?
how is your recovery by far? no update from so long please share your story as per we all curious to know how everything went?
Thanks
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »

Have little knee pain and tightness as well.Don't hesitate to give me if you have any valuable tips.Thanks.

Hey Victory,

I hope you're doing okay.

Try warming up your knees and ankles with heat and maybe electrical stim. before doing exercises, and then ice them afterward. Since you can't take ibuprofen or any oral anti-inflammatories, see if your doc can get you some Voltaren (Diclofenac) gel.

You can also soak and then stand in hot water when you work on Ballerina. I have some pics of this on my (and WalkingTall's) diary.

I might have some other tips that can help you. I had issues with just about every part of my body from my lower back down to my toes. Just post anything specific you're working on/having trouble with and hopefully somebody will have some info. You can also PM me, if you're lurking for a while.

As much as anyone, I know how hard it can be to come back and keep your diary updated when youre in the murky, shitty part of recovery. Just know that we're here behind you and will offer any help we can.  Smiley

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.