MMT Community
April 24, 2017, 05:07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qaz - External Tibias - Dr. Mirzoyan  (Read 2368 times)
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« on: December 13, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »

Hello guys, I'm new here.  I underwent surgary in Armenia with Doctor Mirzoyan 4,5 months ago and lengthened my both Tibias by 5 cm using external Ilizarov device.  I'm in my finall stage.  Can someone create a diary for me or I need to wait till I post 10 replies and then I will be able to do this by myself? Thanks in advance.  Regards qaz  :)
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »

I saw on a previous pages of this topic that some users created diaries for example for deathorb and Silvertiger.  I will be gratefull if someone can do the same for me so I can share my experience  :)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »

Hey Qaz. I've started a diary for you here. It's been a while since we had a new diary from Dr. Mirzoyan. We look forward to hearing your story. Thanks.
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:15:20 PM »

Hello everyone and thanks SySop for starting my diary.  First I'll post some basic information:

Ethicity: European
Initial/Finall height: 175/180 cm
Method: classic Ilizarov, external Tibias

Right now I'm 4,5 months after surgery which was performed July 29.  I expect frames to be removed within one month.  So far everything is going pretty well, even though I experienced some complications, but according to doctors those were rather minor issues.  Last days I could do a first step without walker or crutches but since they already removed some wires I'm trying to be careful with that.  From the very beginning  my left leg is better than right one, nevertheless Doctors're saying that after frame removal these problems'll disapear. 

So now maybe I'll write few words why I decided to do this in Armenia.  First of all price.  Cost of procedure here is much smaller than in Europe and in my opinion 10-20 % smaller than in Russia (where contrary to Armenia EU citizens and basically everyone else need a Visa).  Since I'm in my early 20s when I did't have many savings and didn't want to wait 2 or 3 years when I finally get a money, so I decided to take a loan from a bank.  I know it might sound a bit crazy and irresponsible but I thought this through many times before I made a decision.  There were also other important practicall reasons. I didn't tell anyone about this (family, friends) so I couldn't for instance stay in my home during consolidation period.  Doctor Mirzoyan's team provide every necessery service so basically You don't have to worry about anything.  Beside that contact with Doctor Mirzoyan was very good.  He speaks fluent English and Russian ( maybe also Danish but I'm not sure about this) and always replayed on my emails in very short notice.

First week after surgery was the most difficult.  Most of the time pain was like 6-8 out of 10.  Couldn't sleep without pills or injection.  I spend these 7 days in hospital, after that they took me to apartment nearby hospital,which I shared with one guy from China.  We had a maid who was with us 7 days a week, for around 9 hours.  I was lenghtening 1mm/day. It took me almost 2 months to lengthen 5 cm ( I had three days off when pain was too big and I simply had to stop).  Everyday therapist's coming to exercise with us.  Doctors also come to see us 2-3 times a week.  After lengthening period it got better. I had two other small surgeries because of some right leg fibula's problems.  Now I'm living in other apartment with the same guy from China and second one from Japan.  During my stayment here I met also patient from Kazahstan and second Japanese.  By the way till now they had  6 or 7 patients from Japan alone.  Japanese people seem to be a big funs of limb lengthening :)

To sum up so far I don't regret my decision.  Feel free to ask me any questions.
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »

Hey Qaz

Great to hear that everything went smooth with the procedure. In regard of the cost can you tell us how much was it? Also why didn't you decide to use LON or LATN technique for your lengthening?
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »

Hey Joe2000.  I paid $9200 for " Ilizarov" surgery beside that Doctor Mirzoyan  adviced me to do another surgery to remove one vein from my left leg.  This vein had  few blood clots so it was increasing a risk of complications.  I paid additional $300 for removing of this vein.  They performed both surgies in the same time.   This cost covers staying in hospital for few days after surgery, nurse changing my bandages once a week and therapist coming everyday.  Generally price is negotiable and depends on how many cm You want to gain.   I also pay $1300 monthly for accomodation, maid, food etc.  Basically accomodation service is not compulsory which means You can find some place to stay in on your own, and it would be a bit cheaper, since cost of living in Armenia are quite low.  Nevertheless in my opinion it's safer to stay in Their apartment.

I didn't decide for LON or LATIN for two reasons.  First of all I'm not so enthusiastic about this methods. Somehow the idea of nails inside my leg terrifies me and now I also know that it is not necessarily better method.  Guy from Kazahstan did that.  Maybe he got rid of frame earlier but he wasn't able to walk with nail as well as before a surgery.  I don't know about his current situation but I'm pretty sure he isn't  fully recovered yet.  So You don't really save Your time by doing this.  Secondly money.  As I previously said I had very limited budget so I simply couldn't afford on this.
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »

Hi Qaz,

So if I understood well you did external only during 4.5 months and for 5cm :

=> 2 months lengthening and then 2.5 months consolidating in frame?

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »

Hey El Pili Pili,
I'm not done yet, but Doctor says that in few days I will start this procedure called "bone training" which is basically wires loosening so they can check if my bone is strong enough to support full weight.   Most likely within 2 weeks they should remove device from left leg and within 3 weeks from right one.
CaptainUSA
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:50:40 AM »

Hello Qaz (and everyone).  It would have been nice to read your posts a month ago when I was choosing a doctor for my LL procedure.

Fortunately, I came to the same conclusion you did.  I am currently Armenia, about to embark on my LL journey under the expertise of Dr.    Mirzoyan.

I will be chronicling my experience, and hopefully someone can create a diary for me so I can post my logs to this wonderful online community.

Captain
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:11 AM »

I hope you have done your research completely before coming to this conclusion of yours.  You should read Dr. Mirzoyans diaries in the difficult LL section.
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »

Quote from: CaptainUSA link=topic=8064. msg109051#msg109051 date=1482828640
Hello Qaz (and everyone).   It would have been nice to read your posts a month ago when I was choosing a doctor for my LL procedure. 

Fortunately, I came to the same conclusion you did.   I am currently Armenia, about to embark on my LL journey under the expertise of Dr.     Mirzoyan. 

I will be chronicling my experience, and hopefully someone can create a diary for me so I can post my logs to this wonderful online community. 

Hey Captain.  It was nice to meet You today.  Unfortunatelly I'm not able yet to create one for You, but maybe some other users with proper credentials  can do that.  Once again good luck buddy:)
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »

CaptainUSA I'd also like to add that perhaps you should concider changing your nick to "Santiago"  Grin
CaptainUSA
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:30 AM »

Quote from: Truespartan link=topic=8064. msg109052#msg109052 date=1482831791
I hope you have done your research completely before coming to this conclusion of yours.   You should read Dr.  Mirzoyans diaries in the difficult LL section. 

Thank you Truespartan.  Is there a particular diary of Dr.  Mirzoyan you recommend?

Captain
CaptainUSA
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 04:06:05 AM »

Quote from: qaz link=topic=8064. msg109054#msg109054 date=1482843303
CaptainUSA I'd also like to add that perhaps you should concider changing your nick to "Santiago"  Grin

Thank you Qaz.  Good luck to us all. . . .

Lol If I changed my nickname, I would feel obligated to only post in Spanish.  :p

Captain
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

Hello gyus, quick update.  My first frame was removed today:)
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »

https://postimg. org/image/v8jtygugd/
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:20 PM »

Sorry for bad formating.  You just need to delete space between ". " and org to be able to see a pictue.
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »

CaptainUSA aka "Santiago" I created a diary for You. It can be found under the link :

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,8070.0.html
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »

Hello guys. I had right leg's frame removed on January 23rd and came back to my country yesterday. Nevertheless I'm still fare away from beeing 100% recoverd. I have problem with balance couse my muscles are week. I'm also worried about my left leg. Still feel some discomfort from a bon. Hard to describe this feeling. I literally feel my bone touching skin/ muscles mostly in a places where wires were inserted even though it's almost 3 weeks  after frame removal. It isn't really painful but very annoying. For a record I don't have this issue with my right leg. They took X-ray and said that everything is fine but I'm worried anyway. Did any of You experience something simillar? When can I expect this problem to disapear?
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »

I forgot to add that this discomfort I mentioned comes from places just below the knee where wires were installed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.