MMT Community
August 17, 2017, 09:32:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qaz - External Tibias - Dr. Mirzoyan  (Read 4819 times)
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 11:40:38 PM »

Hello guys. I had right leg's frame removed on January 23rd and came back to my country yesterday. Nevertheless I'm still fare away from beeing 100% recoverd. I have problem with balance couse my muscles are week. I'm also worried about my left leg. Still feel some discomfort from a bon. Hard to describe this feeling. I literally feel my bone touching skin/ muscles mostly in a places where wires were inserted even though it's almost 3 weeks  after frame removal. It isn't really painful but very annoying. For a record I don't have this issue with my right leg. They took X-ray and said that everything is fine but I'm worried anyway. Did any of You experience something simillar? When can I expect this problem to disapear?

How much did you lengthen and did you get rods inserted into your tibias?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

I forgot to add that this discomfort I mentioned comes from places just below the knee where wires were installed.

It's going to take a good few months for these aches and pains to go away the wires below the knees will likely take time for the bones to fill up and then harden
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 12:08:07 AM »

Ignore my previous post you did 5cms and consolidated in frames. I'm glad you are out of them il bet sleeping is much easier now.

I did 3cms I'm at home in the UK my bones have been consolidated for some time now but because the NHS is slow I'm still awaiting a date for them to come off I can't wait as the frames are so painful. I can walk and things but stretching and sleep are a nightmare due to the fact I can't sleep on my side. The pin sites get irritated very easily as well
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:31 AM »

For me sleeping wasn't a big deal. I could easily sleep on a side. I just had to put some small pilow below thigh. Maybe You should try.
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:03 AM »

Speaking of sleep, were either of you able to sleep on your stomach?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 08:26:14 AM »

Speaking of sleep, were either of you able to sleep on your stomach?

No sleeping face down is impossible the weight of the illusion Zaria fixators is too much on your knees it's very difficult to get on to your stomach
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »

Ssteiner is right. Sleeping on belly with frames is imposible.
Bunny
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 04:32:15 AM »

Hi,

I'm really sorry to bother you with a message that isn't relevant to what you've posted.   However, I am new to this site and am trying to figure out how to post/start my own LL diary, and I simply cannot find the button/method that let's me create a new post.   I have even emailed the website, but have received no reply.   If you could please just let me know how one goes about starting a new post/thread, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Bunny
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »

Guys did You also have the biggest difficulties with walking in the morning just after wake up or when You laid in bed for a long time? And again when can I expect this to go away? Tongue
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 01:32:30 AM »

Guys did You also have the biggest difficulties with walking in the morning just after wake up or when You laid in bed for a long time? And again when can I expect this to go away? Tongue

That takes a long time to go from what Ive heard. Can take over a year to go
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »

So everything is geting back to normal very, very slowely. Nevertheless my feet are still swollen, and I'm wondering if it's normal on this stage (1,5 month  after frames removal)? What's even more important, it seems like I gained a bit less than 5 cm, around 4,8 cm. Doctor was always saying that according to x-rays my bones should be 5,2-5,3 cm longer. I read on some other diaries on this forum that in few first months after frames removal there is still some contracture in knees which prevents people from reaching their real height. Is that true?
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 12:54:59 AM »

yes
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »

Thanks Joe
Romy
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »

So everything is geting back to normal very, very slowely. Nevertheless my feet are still swollen, and I'm wondering if it's normal on this stage (1,5 month  after frames removal)? What's even more important, it seems like I gained a bit less than 5 cm, around 4,8 cm. Doctor was always saying that according to x-rays my bones should be 5,2-5,3 cm longer. I read on some other diaries on this forum that in few first months after frames removal there is still some contracture in knees which prevents people from reaching their real height. Is that true?
Hi Qaz, read your diary you mentioned that you turned for 2 months 1mm a day with three days of gap, your doctor is right that your bone should be 5.2 or 5.3, if there is a contracture in knee than also the gap where bone is broken should be the same. How come 4.8.
Mikeyg
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »

Hey bunny, you have to post a good amount and show your a good active member, I'm doing the same right now
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »

Hey Romy,
First of all 1 mm turned by device isn't equal with 1mm in a bone gap because of wires bending. Secondly I didn't say that space between two pices of bone wasn't equal 5,2-5,3 cm, what I'm saying is I'm not 5,2-5,3 cm taller than I used to be before surgery it's more like 4,8 cm and I think it's due to contracture in knees.
hakunamatata55
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »

Hi qaz
How are you doing, how's your knee.  Well the much I know is if the wire tension is accurate than you definitely get the same amount of gap you turned but it's completely subjective.  Keep up the stretching and corrective exercises.  Take care.
qaz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

Hey hakunamatata,
I'm doing fine. Slowly getting back to normal. From time to time have a problem with right Achilles tendon. I will even visit a doctor in 3 weeks, but I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal just trying to be preventive.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.