MMT Community
April 27, 2017, 08:36:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bunny(Female) - External Tibias - Dr. Donghoon Lee - 2017 - in South Korea  (Read 640 times)
Bunny
n00b

Credibility 0

« on: February 11, 2017, 06:38:42 AM »

Hey, everybody! This is the first entry in my leg lengthening diary.  I hope that others can benefit from my experiences the way I did from the stories of others.

Well, let me begin by introducing myself to give a bit of background information:

- Name: Sunyoung Lee
- Nationality: South Korean, currently living near Seoul
- Weight: 55 kg
- Current height: 158. 6 cm
- Desired height: + 6~8 cm (As much as possible)
- Surgery type: LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias
- Doctor: Dr.  Donghoon Lee
- Date of surgery: 2/15/2017

I've been working here in Korea as an engineer for about a decade now, but am planning to immigrate to Germany soon in order to enter graduate school and start the next stage of my life.  I've been fortunate enough to be given an extended break from my job, and since the desire to be taller has been getting more intense lately, I figured that this would be the opportune time to go through with this surgery- and so, I am :)

My height is nothing abnormal for the typical asian girl.  In all reality, living in this country I could be quite content with it.  But, as many others who may be reading this can attest to, a short stature such as mine creates some dissatisfactions in one's life that others who aren't in the same position may not be able to empathize with. 

I want to wear designer jeans without having to bring them to a tailor so they can butcher and bastardize them.  I want to wear a long coat without feeling awkward or ridiculous.  In essence, I feel that I cannot express myself aesthetically the way other, taller girls are able to with their stylistic choices.  I'm sick of looking up at my friends and family and of being eclipsed by them.  Even when I'm in line at the store or the bank, I feel as if I'm barricaded in by the people in front of and behind me.  It may sound trivial to those who are naturally gifted with height, but for those of us who aren't, it's not the most pleasant feeling.

Whenever people comment on my height (even though I know most of them mean the things they say in an endearingly), saying things like, "You're so short!" or using more passive language, such as "Aww, you're so cute!" (you know what I'm talking about), I always feel, well…simply not good about myself.  The only response I can usually muster is, after playfully acknowledging my diminutiveness, "Yes, but I'm flexible!" Pretty sick of saying that.

So, here I am now.  Thank god for this MMT community, it has proved to be a wealth of invaluable information about the different surgeons, health professionals, surgeries and patient experiences out there.  There are a lot of brave people, people with more guts than myself, who have served as inspirations and educators to people like me. 

I hope this diary can in some way contribute to that tradition.  Also, just the act of composing it has really encouraged me in this whole endeavor, and has made me feel much less alone and, consequently, more courageous.

--- to be continued ---
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »

Hey Bunny,

Welcome to the forum! There has not been an LON diary from Dr.  Donghoon Lee in a while. I am looking forward to your diary.

Good luck.

TS
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:15 PM »

Hi Bunny,

I'm glad you have started a diary!
I'd love to know how things will end for you.

Anything is possible, hopefully everything goes according to your wishes.
Please keep us updated, I assume are still frame free, ehehhe for now...

Have a good one!
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »

Hi Bunny and welcome to this forum !  Smiley

Could you tell me how much Dr. Donghoon Lee is charging for the whole process?

I'm also interested in doing LON on tibia !

Thank you and have a nice journey !

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »

Congratulations on commencing your journey, Bunny.

It can be incredibly trying and difficult, but should be well worth it in the end.

It's been a couple weeks now since your first surgery. How are things going?

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
BillyMoore
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »

I am very excited about your diary.  May be by this year end I will get my surgery done from Dr.  Donghoon lee.  Please keep us  posted.  All the very best for your journey. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.