MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017  (Read 2986 times)
Brb6ftTall
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:58 AM »

Nice to hear that the journey continues to be a positive one and that you are progressing without issue.  It is motivating for those of us who will hopefully be in your position soon.

Although I realize it has only been 30 for you.  How has muscle loss in the legs and glutes been?

Keep up with the stretches, it seems this is key to being pain and issue free as you start nearing the 2inch mark and beyond.

Congratulations on reaching inch 1!! Do you feel any difference as you stand or not noticeable enough yet?

All the best.    Although it is quiet around here,  please continue to keep us posted.   I'm sure there a a number of lurkers around who truly benefit from your updates.

Thank you. 

Definitely a lot of muscle mass loss, I've lost almost 30 lbs and I can tell most of it was from my lower body. Thankfully I'm still able to stand. I think the fact that I can weight bear helps a lot with my legs, that's probably why I don't feel the need to stretch very often. Dr. Paley at least claimed that weight bearing was the most important part of recovering leg function. I still get plenty of stretching in PT though.

As far as a difference, my left knee is still sorta tight and takes conscious effort to straighten at first. I have noticed though that just standing there and/or walking around for a short while makes it way better, and that usually makes it fine for the rest of the day or a good amount of hours. This also makes sense as far as weight bearing being better/more effective than stretching.

Thanks for the continued support, I'd update more often if there was more to say lol there's just not much changing at this point. It's a good thing though, if things can stay this easy and pain free for the rest of the lengthening phase that would be great.
LAGrowin
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:17 PM »

Quote from: Brb6ftTall link=topic=8081. msg109401#msg109401 date=1497918958
Definitely a lot of muscle mass loss, I've lost almost 30 lbs and I can tell most of it was from my lower body.  Thankfully I'm still able to stand.  I think the fact that I can weight bear helps a lot with my legs, that's probably why I don't feel the need to stretch very often.  Dr.  Paley at least claimed that weight bearing was the most important part of recovering leg function.  I still get plenty of stretching in PT though.

As far as a difference, my left knee is still sorta tight and takes conscious effort to straighten at first.  I have noticed though that just standing there and/or walking around for a short while makes it way better, and that usually makes it fine for the rest of the day or a good amount of hours.  This also makes sense as far as weight bearing being better/more effective than stretching.

Thanks for the continued support, I'd update more often if there was more to say lol there's just not much changing at this point.  It's a good thing though, if things can stay this easy and pain free for the rest of the lengthening phase that would be great.

Thank you Brb6ftTall.   Yes, seems like weight bearing is a huge part of a faster/more successful recovery.   That is A LOT of weight to lose, especially if mostly in the lower part of the body.   Do you find that your appetite had decreased significantly?

Is the 1" gained so far noticeable to you yet as you stand ?  I know it may not seem like much but it's 1".   Also as you've reached one month post-op, are you getting out of your house yet for day to day activities?   Or do you find that you've been pretty restricted and mostly in bed ?

Thank you again for all of the valuable first hand info Brb6ftTall!

Brb6ftTall
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »

Thank you Brb6ftTall.   Yes, seems like weight bearing is a huge part of a faster/more successful recovery.   That is A LOT of weight to lose, especially if mostly in the lower part of the body.   Do you find that your appetite had decreased significantly?

Is the 1" gained so far noticeable to you yet as you stand ?  I know it may not seem like much but it's 1".   Also as you've reached one month post-op, are you getting out of your house yet for day to day activities?   Or do you find that you've been pretty restricted and mostly in bed ?

Thank you again for all of the valuable first hand info Brb6ftTall!

Definitely a decreased appetite for the first week, after that it got a lot better but the shrinkage to my stomach had already been done so it aws kind of difficult to build it back up. As for my weight, my situation was perhaps unique in the sense that most of my weight was water weight and new weight that I had just put on the month before. So as soon as I stopped weightlifting and drinking all the protein shakes and using supplements etc, most of it was able to go pretty easily and being bed bound sealed the deal. And actually I miscalculated, I lost nearly 20 lbs lol not 30.

The 1" isn't super noticeable actually. I mean I definitely see the mark on the wall and it looks like a good difference, but since I'm not standing and walking throughout the day there's not much to compare my new height to, and since I'm not around other people that I know I can't compare my height to them either. I think 2 inches will be more noticeable, at that point you're definitely at a raised view from the floor and closer to the ceiling fans. One thing I did notice though was that my PT actually had to adjust my walker height because I got taller and outgrew it, lol.

I don't go out every day, but I could if I wanted to. I go out 3 times a week for PT, I've been to the movies a couple of times and I've gotten a haircut recently. I'm definitely not restricted in bed, I just prefer to be in my house for now because I don't want to fully return to public life until I can at least walk again.
LAGrowin
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 06:05:09 AM »

Thank you Brb6ftTall.

Sorry about the delayed response.  It has been a long week.

Totally makes sense about the weight.   In preparing for my surgery in late September (creeping up so quickly), I am trying to build up my upper legs and glutes in anticipation for a massive reduction post surgery.   Hopefully your weight starts coming back quickly.  There is always time however after surgery to hit the gym hard and recover. 

I can't wait to hear that you're at the 2" mark and that you can feel and notice the difference.  I am excited for you.   Please keep us all informed as the lengthening progresses.  We know it gets tougher as time goes on.

I asked about being able to go out, as my plan is to be out and about within reason and safety limits as soon as and as much as I can post surgery. 

Blessings to you.  Continued energy for your journey.

Thank you for taking the tome to share your experiences.

LAGrowin

Quote from: Brb6ftTall link=topic=8081. msg109403#msg109403 date=1498053751
Definitely a decreased appetite for the first week, after that it got a lot better but the shrinkage to my stomach had already been done so it aws kind of difficult to build it back up.  As for my weight, my situation was perhaps unique in the sense that most of my weight was water weight and new weight that I had just put on the month before.  So as soon as I stopped weightlifting and drinking all the protein shakes and using supplements etc, most of it was able to go pretty easily and being bed bound sealed the deal.  And actually I miscalculated, I lost nearly 20 lbs lol not 30. 

The 1" isn't super noticeable actually.  I mean I definitely see the mark on the wall and it looks like a good difference, but since I'm not standing and walking throughout the day there's not much to compare my new height to, and since I'm not around other people that I know I can't compare my height to them either.  I think 2 inches will be more noticeable, at that point you're definitely at a raised view from the floor and closer to the ceiling fans.  One thing I did notice though was that my PT actually had to adjust my walker height because I got taller and outgrew it, lol.

I don't go out every day, but I could if I wanted to.  I go out 3 times a week for PT, I've been to the movies a couple of times and I've gotten a haircut recently.  I'm definitely not restricted in bed, I just prefer to be in my house for now because I don't want to fully return to public life until I can at least walk again.
Brb6ftTall
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »

Building up those muscles is a great idea, especially the glutes! But yeah, I do plan to start hitting the gym super hard as soon as I'm allowed to.

I can't wait for it either! Should be in about 2 weeks, I'm pretty excited to be past halfway done at that point. I'm definitely not trying to rush it, but I really can't wait to be walking again.

I'd say you could start going out "regularly" sometime around weeks 3 and 4, though obviously that number will vary based on you as an individual. For me, weeks 3 and 4 heavily decreased my pain (so much that I stopped taking pain killers) and massively increased my leg strength and function. By that point, I could easily leave the bed and go to the bathroom or walk down the stairs or do whatever I want to do, as long as I had a walker/wheelchair to move around in.

I'm getting more X-Rays for Dr. M in a few days, hopefully all will be good so I can continue this smooth journey. As I sit here typing this, I feel pretty normal in my legs and could easily forget I even had this surgery period. It'll be great if cm's 5 and on can be this much of a breeze.
Brb6ftTall
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »

Day 45

40mm down!
That's 4cm/8cm, and I'm feeling great Smiley

I'm sure you guys are wondering how I got to be 4cm already even though you can't lengthen till a week post op.. well I'll tell you why, it's because my bone growth is going super fast again!

I sent my new X-Rays to Dr. M, and apparently the bone growth on my left leg is coming in "very strong," so strong that I have to move up to 4 sessions a day, 1.32mm a day for the next 2 weeks. My right leg was also coming in strong, but unfortunately not as strong as the left (not a bad thing, just means it was coming in normally lol). However, I'm also being allowed to switch to 4 sessions a day for my right one as well. When I send him my next X-Rays in 2 weeks, Dr. M will see if my right leg is keeping up with the lengthening, and if it is I can continue to do 4 sessions a day!

This is soooo great to me guys. Let me put it like this:

Originally, I was set to finish lengthening on August 11th.

Due to having initial fast bone growth, I had to move up to 4 sessions for a week, putting my new date at August 8th.

And now since I'll be doing this for 2 weeks, my new finish date has moved from August 8th to August 4th!

And the best part: If my bone growth still looks good in 2 weeks, I'll be able to move my date up even more and be able to finish in July instead of August.

So yeah, I'm ecstatic to say the least. Other than the great X-Ray news, everything else has been going fine. I still haven't been taking pain meds since week 3, and now I don't even take them before PT anymore. I literally go through the entire day, every day, with 0 pain meds and feel no pain. The only "pain" I have is sometimes stretching in PT, but really I personally wouldn't call that pain.. it just feels like a stretch to me lol. I really enjoy the exercise bike, the rest of the stuff is pretty general such as hamstring pull downs and quad extensions. The hardest thing they have me do is stand up and sit downs, they're really tough on my legs because of how much strength I lost. Keep in mind the only reason I can do this without assistance is because I'm under 140 lbs, for those of you above it please make sure your PT does not make you do this. Also, my left leg is still tough to straighten but it hasn't gotten any worse, just hasn't gotten much better. And I can also feel my right knee starting to stiffen as well, but it's no where near the left leg and still not hard, just takes some very minor effort whereas before it was effortless.

My appetite and sleep have been perfectly fine. I wish I could eat more, but it's just difficult eating more food when I'm not doing any physical activity to earn it, though I do get hungry after PT. My sleep has been perfect, I can sleep for 7 hours+ and only wake up when I feel like it. Though now I can technically only sleep 6 hours or less due to the lengthening every 6 hours, but I fall back asleep right after anyways no problem.

I can't remember how much detail I went into with sleep and pain and such before, but after this is over I do plan on giving a type of "week report" or a sort of general roadmap of my experience, so hopefully for the people who might think my posts are too long will still have some good info to read and others can have a good guideline to see where to be at week by week. As usual, I'll report back if anything major happens, but if not then I'll definitely post again in 2 weeks for my new X-Rays. Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:08:13 PM by Brb6ftTall » Logged
Girl12017
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 04:34:35 AM »

Brb6ftTall post 6/17/17
Iím also on the same journey of trying to stretch 3 0. 4í.  At 1 inch and some I started to feel some tightening too, but it has improved as I began stretching.  I feel your pain.
tallerG4u
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »

Awesome post! I've been considering doing the surgery with Dr.  M, but like most people, the issue for me is the cost.  If you feel comfortable answering, how did you come up with the money? Just asking because the only way I could possibly do the surgery (in a reasonable timeframe) is to finance it.  So if that's the route you went I'd love to get your advice on it.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.