MMT Community
May 22, 2018, 03:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big dream with Dr. Pradeep Sharma- India  (Read 2229 times)
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« on: December 21, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »

I have been member of this forum from more than 8 months now and have read the most of stuff here. Now as i have a little LL experience which may help other and also want to contribute the cause MMT is leading , so here is my story.

Some details
Height- 165cm
Age-29
Desired height- 7-8 cm
Origin- Indian
Live in - US

This forum gave me courage to investigate and decide. i have been dreaming about gaining since 4-5 years. I have been contacting different doctors related to external tibia lengthening since 5 months.
Finally i decided to visit Gurgaon for first consultation with Dr Pradip Sharma.
I reached Delhi/India from US on 10th december 2017, harry picked me u from airport dropped me in guest house which was already arranged. It was decent, and clean.
On 12th december Harry picked me at 12 A.M and we went to hospital. There i was handed over to the Hospital staff and they took my blood samples, heart test and some X rays.
15th December the most important day a big day Harry picked me from guest house around 8A.M and showed my Hospital room. Anxiety was on some other level, Hospital staff shove both my legs. Around 11 A.M they took me to the operation theatre,I sedated with anaesthesia and I woke up at 4 P.M.
After complete 4 days on 20th december they shifted me to guest house. Most painful experience yet. Most difficult is to reach the washroom. Somehow my caretaker managed me to roll with chair to washroom, he is handy with these kinda stuff.
Dr. Pradip Sharma explained the whole scenario of lengthening which will be starting after 10 days of surgery and he assure that he will visit in every third or fourth day and Harry is coming every day. so right now i am in pain, restlessness, and calculating the days mode.
Optimistic1
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:22:12 AM »

Hakunamatata55,

Thank you for sharing.  Please keep us posted.  Iíll be starting my journey soon.  May I ask why are you traveling to India for the surgery and why external? Thank you. 
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:49:50 PM »

Hakunamatata55,

Thank you for sharing.  Please keep us posted.  Iíll be starting my journey soon.  May I ask why are you traveling to India for the surgery and why external? Thank you. 
Thank you Optimistic1, I'll keep you all posted.
Travelling to India because it only fits to my budget and moreover i'm from India itself, This place is very well known to me. And internal i can't afford, i would be happy to go with internal if i could but unfortunately i can't. so I considered my allowance first.
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »

COST

Total cost of my procedure (for both fixator and removal), stay for 3 months including all the facilities required is 13000USD. And Doctor's and physio included.
Optimistic1
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 12:14:11 AM »

Hi hakunamatata55,

Wow.  That's only a fraction of the cost of what doctors in America would charge.  Have a safe journey and keep us all posted.  Happy New Year.

Optimistic1
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »

Happy rainy day to ol, its raining here......

Thank you Optimistic1, sorry I've been lazy it took me long time to get comfortable with the frames but i guess this is how it supposed to be. Last x ray shown i gained 1.2cm in right leg and 1.1cm in left leg, lost few mm but thats ok. One pain killer every night before sleep. Life is slow and boring right now. Other than pain all good and going smoothly. keep you guys updated.
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 01:36:52 PM »

Hi,
The days are getting warmer here, It has been almost 2 months since i started turning, More than halfway through for my goal of 7cms.
There's some moment where i think Damm, once it felt like yesterday that I was packing my belongings and and waving good bye to friends and family and there those moments where i think ''I am only half way there!! This might turn rough now more than ever, I need to focus on the end result.

I am exercising more and more each and every day (of course Harry is expert in his work) and looking back I have no regrets. Looking into the future the only uncertainty in how I will deal with the boredom especially if i have to drastically slow down my lengthening towards the end.

In my last X-Ray i gained 5.3 cm.
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »

Hi,
Despite all odds i complete my turnings very well now. I was told that my back is going to be sore because i won't be able to turn and pin side is going to hurt really badly, fortunately i haven't experienced much of that. All went well and smoothly. now waiting for the next operation date for frame removal and I'm all set to fly back. may be in week or so. Glad that i choose this and happy. will keep you update once the removal will be done.
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »

Hakuna matata friends,
I am 7cms + now. Happy. My frames was removed on 15 march Thursday. Harry(physical therapist) explains me all do's and don's. Recovery is slow but i am doing fine. Feeling very light on my feet after removal of frames. Extended my time of stay for the better recovery.
Well its important to mention your doctor so, i can say that i am lucky that i found him coz that was my only chance with the limited amount of money and sources, and he treated me so well. Thanks to Dr Pradip Sharma and Harry that they helped me achieved what i desired the most. Very well warming people, i am having a pleasant experience.

If anyone seeking for the same contact on heryshgr@gmail.com
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »

Home sweet home!!! So comforting that it made you so lazy. Everything seems new to me though everything is same but i feel new. Well right now i am not very happy with my decision to come home early because of my procrastinations towards my exercise and health. So easy for me to be an indolent (which is bad for my recovery). Should have stayed there till the complete recovery. But trying to keep pushing myself. Can walk with walker but not with very ease, has trouble controlling impulses, and doesn't really like to exercise. Now the goal is towards completing my life changing program.
hakunamatata55
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »

Just quick update,my x-ray done 2 days back my bone's space almost filled. Calcification looks good and legs strength feels good. Can walk for few steps without walker but still not much ease.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.