MMT Community
February 19, 2017, 11:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your main motivation for leg lengthening?
To increase my confidence. - 204 (44.5%)
To improve my career prospects. - 33 (7.2%)
To make me more attractive to the opposite sex. - 119 (26%)
For medical / correction reasons. - 13 (2.8%)
To improve my physique or proportions. - 89 (19.4%)
Total Voters: 425

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you considering LL?  (Read 52198 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:49 AM »

Hello!

I am relaunching this poll as we have lots of new members now and it would be good to see how people are thinking and what their motivation for LL is.

Happy voting Smiley

jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:50:43 PM »

Hello!

I am relaunching this poll as we have lots of new members now and it would be good to see how people are thinking and what their motivation for LL is.

Happy voting Smiley
what happened to mecanomen???
dreamgirl
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:25:46 PM »

Hi!

I have been investigating LL for many years, even before I knew it was a real possibility.  I saw the movie "Gattaca" years ago and nearly leapt off the couch, pointing to the screen, telling my husband, "Look! That's what I've been talking about!"  I knew that someday LL would be possible, but even when I saw the movie I thought this was a futuristic vison of things to come that mirrored my own thoughts exactly.  After beginning to investigate it online I soon found out that it was a real operation! Cool!  Cool

As to the many reasons.....Hummm.... Huh?  I have wanted to be taller since middle school, probably earlier.  I always wanted to be a model.  I modelled in early childhood, as a baby really and when I was in jr high I went to a scouting event.  I remember seeing this beautiful woman in a long black cape stride in.  I was very nervous.  Even though I am quite pretty, I was passed over because I was too short.  At the time there was no such thing as petite modelling.

But you know, as I got older, the reasons have completely changed.  I am a mother of two, I no longer dream of being a tall leggy model.  I mainly find that everyday things about my height (or rather my short legs) really bother me.  Like sitting down and my feet still dangle off of a church pew or a restaurant seat, unless of course I have platform shoes or 3-4 inch heels on.  The backs of my legs cramp and my sciatica begins to act up when I sit normally in a chair, so I have always tucked my legs under me on the couch or even when in restaurant booths, to take that pressure off the back of my thighs.  Of course now, after years of doing this, it is causing problems in my knees. 

I don't know if anyone else out there has that same issue, but it really bothers me.  I'd love to sit in a normal size chair and have my feet touch the floor fully.  Or to cross my legs and have them stay crossed without having to hold them in that position! Sad

I also think my right leg is shorter than the other, but haven't had it x-rayed yet.

In additon, I am very long waisted and overall, my limbs are just rather short in proportion, even my arms.  Particularly my upper arms.  My right arm is an inch shorter than the other and that is saying something since they are rather short anyway.  I cannot ever buy long sleeved shirts, they are always at least an inch and a half or two too long. There are other advantages of course to having longer arms, like being able to reach the kids in the back seat when they're acting up!  Wink  I so envy my 6' 1" husband!

If I had my dream granted, I would like to gain 2 -2 1/2 inches on my calves first because they shorter in proportion and are quite muscular. I'd like them to look leaner, and then maybe an additional 1 1/2 on my thighs and two inches on my upper arms.  That would make me about 5' 6"- 5' 7" tall and would be really proportional for my torso.  Being taller would also alleviate a lot of neck and back pain that I get when I hug my tall husband.  I sustained a herniated disk from a car accident a few years ago and I can never just stand there and hug or kiss him without getting a neck crick.  Would love to wrap my arms around his neck instead of his waist and lay my head on his shoulder; to look into his eyes and not his chest when we dance together.

I have thought long and hard and if I had the opportunity to be 5' 7", I would take it in a heartbeat!!!!  I have been looking forward to the advances in the internal methods of LL, due to the scarring and risks of infection present with the external frames.  I hope these continue to improve and that more doctors in the US would start offering cosmetic LL!

Well, I guess that about covers it!  This is my first post...Next messages won't be so long.
laurie
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:29:26 PM »

I'm responding to your post because I have to talk to someone who shares similar thoughts about this.  My husband doesn't understand and doesn't want to talk about this much.  He says "Be happy".

I too have wanted to be taller since middle school as this is when I realized that I had stopped growing. I am only 5'2".  I hate always having to wear heals but I want to be within the norm so I usually do everyday.  Also because I am so short I have been limited to play many team sports like volleyball.  Really, how can a 5'2" person spike a ball?  With the heals I am about 5'4".  I sort of put this issue of height out of my mind for awhile as I am a busy teacher with 4 children.  But now that my daughter is 15 and is only 5'1" 1/2, the whole height issue is bothering me again.  I can't bear to know that she will only be a little over 5 feet.  By the way my husband is also 6'1" so I don't understand why my daughter is so short. Unlike you I have longer legs and a shorter torso but I would still be happy to have a couple of inches added on my calves or anywhere for that matter.  I would not even care if I was disporportionate.  I live in Canada and a lot of time you wear pants here anyway.

cheers, shorty l.h Smiley
dreamgirl
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »

Hey Laurie,

It's is so amazing to me that I even connected with anybody out there!  I have never posted anything online although I watch this particular site and others alot.  I am 36 yrs old with two young children,  a 4yr old girl and a 2 yr old boy, so the thought of actually going through with this surgery seems rediculous at times, even if I did have the money, which I don't right now.

But I hear ya!  I actually used to like to wear heels.  But since college, I have developed some pretty seriously painful neuromas in both feet and most any shoe, especially heels is torture!  SO until I can get the nueromas fixed, which in itself is a hassle, I don't even wear heels anymore.

I hate that you have to deal with your husband's attitude.  I don't mean that I think he's a jerk, but I know what that feels like.  SOmetimes, my husband thinks I obsess too much about making radical changes in my life.  He has said something similar a couple of times before  ("Just be happy"), but for the most part, he is a positive man and supportive of most of my crazy ideas, even the radical body altering ones. 

I have suffered from depression the last couple of years in particular and the thought of actually being able to make some life-altering changes, including LL, is sometimes my only source of hope.  If I had the money or the resources, I woul dlove to not only make many changes in my life, but start a TV show doing the same thing for others.  I dream of this often and have actually looked into many avenues trying to figure out ways to accomplish this.

But for the moment, I am just a harried housewife, mother and aspiring business entrepeneur.    Undecided

I will try to keep an eye out and respond as often as I can to this site.  But I rarely get the free moment to do so.

:)Look forward to hearing more.....
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 01:38:35 AM »

Welcome Laurie and Dreamgirl!

It's great to have you in our community - isn't it wonderful to realise that you're not the only out there who would like to gain a couple of inches?

I hope that this site helps you, and that the diaries assist you in deciding whether or not LL is right for you.  Smiley

laurie
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »

Thanks for responding.  I have never used a chatline before.  This is the first topic that has really prompted me to use one.  It's not a topic that most people really understand especially if you are a woman who is short.    I believe you not only have to be short but you also have to have negative thoughts about being this way. Not everyone looks at being short as a detriment like I do so it's hard to find someone you can actually even discuss this with.  But I am hoping that if I talk about it enough I can sort it out and probably learn to live with it. Or if I at least know about what's available I can know all my options.   Time for me is the major obstacle.  I am in my forties and I have lots of commitments and responsibilities.  So the likelihood of LL for me is not that great.  I keep coming back to this site and other similar sites because it gives me HOPE.  I even read though those scam sites offering magic products, growth hormones etc. just because I WISH they were true.  Maybe, just maybe some day there will be something easier to add a little height.
Also as I write this I  realize how selfish and trivial all this talk is about height.  So many people who are tall around the world would gladly trade a few inches for a more secure free lifestyle.
Take care, Laurie
laurie
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

Hey dream girl

When I was 36 I suffered with some depression too.  I also had 2 young children at the time.  A girl 6 and a boy 3.  I got over it when my children got older and I got more regular sleep as well as more independence again .  Hope the same works for you as the big D is horrible.  I even knew all the answers to that commercial about depression before they answered them.  Who does depression hurt - everyone.  Where does depression hurt - everywhere, etc.  Yep, I knew about it.

Cheers, Laurie
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 08:57:50 AM »

It looks like the most popular reasons for people considering LL so far:

1. To increase their confidence;
2. To make them more attractive to the opposite sex.

What's interesting, is that in China people are doing it mainly to improve their career prospects.

I just wondered, are some of our female members also considering LL to make them more attractive to the opposite sex, or is height less important for a woman's attractiveness?

Genaveive
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 12:30:44 PM »

It's nice to see other females, like me at this message board! I'm 23, about 5'2 1/2 and hope I can have LL in a couple years. I doubt anyone I know could understand my desire to have it. For example, my mom says I look 5'6 because of my build, and she thinks I'm 5'4.--because that's how tall I claim to be. I fib on my height everywhere except a place like this. It's not that I think 5'2 or less are bad heights at all. I keep reminding myself that there are many gorgeous people, including many celebrities who are shorter females. But for me, I long to be taller. It's definitely a personal choice, much the way someone else seeks other kinds of cosmetic surgery. Although my legs are thin and I wear heels a lot of the time to give the illusion of longer legs, they are about 3 inches off from an ideally proportionate body.

As for the poll, my main motive is definitely for confidence, although I can find reason within all the choices. I've actually never had negative reactions from males about my height. And apparently, biologically speaking, as females tend to be more attracted to taller males, males tend to be attracted to more petite females. Or so I've read... I still have trouble believing it. For the most part, I think males care about build rather than height. But I still feel I'd have better luck with dating if I were taller. And that probably really stems from the confidence issue.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:02:00 AM by Genaveive » Logged
laurie
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

If I were 23 I would seriously go for LL. You've got lots of time left to enjoy the benefits of this surgery.  When I was 23, almost 23 years ago, I didn't know anything about this procedure.  I didn't even have access to the internet which has changed so many lives.  I am also about 5 feet 2.5 and have a slight build.  I also agree with you that your build is important.  If you have nice proportions then people will think of you as healthy, attractive and fit.  Never glamorous though but always ....cute.

As a female I don't think my height has ever held me back from the stand point of other people but it has affected me personally because I do not think I have as much confidence because I feel my height is one of my shortcomings.  In a crowd I am always having to look up to other adults.  With respect to some team sports I can never be one of the stronger players.  At school a lot of my students are taller than me and I often get "Which one's the teacher?"   When I have 2 or more inch heals on I feel more confident and people will comment that I look better but they don't really know why.

Take care, Lauri
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »

Well I'm not a female but I will give my honest opinion. Confidence comes down to number 1 for male and female. But being attractive to the other sex will be alot more common for males. Just take are 2 female members for example. Laurie and dreamgirl. I beleive I've read in there post that both there husbands are around the 6'1 range. These girls are almost 1 foot shorter then their husbands but yet still attractive to their tall husbands. It seems that for guys, the shorter you get, the less attractive you get. The build in a women is more important then height when it comes to males.

I for example have always had to be a friend before something could happen. At first glance, I'm not really eye candy to most girls. But I think my charm wins them over, lol:)

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
Genaveive
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 08:21:56 AM »

If I were 23 I would seriously go for LL. You've got lots of time left to enjoy the benefits of this surgery.  When I was 23, almost 23 years ago, I didn't know anything about this procedure.  I didn't even have access to the internet which has changed so many lives.  I am also about 5 feet 2.5 and have a slight build.  I also agree with you that your build is important.  If you have nice proportions then people will think of you as healthy, attractive and fit.  Never glamorous though but always ....cute.

As a female I don't think my height has ever held me back from the stand point of other people but it has affected me personally because I do not think I have as much confidence because I feel my height is one of my shortcomings.  In a crowd I am always having to look up to other adults.  With respect to some team sports I can never be one of the stronger players.  At school a lot of my students are taller than me and I often get "Which one's the teacher?"   When I have 2 or more inch heals on I feel more confident and people will comment that I look better but they don't really know why.

Take care, Lauri

It is so nice to hear someone sound encouraging about me going for LL. I don't think I can get that in my actual life. My mom is an open-minded person, in general, but since she percieves me as a good height, it would be hard to convince her my desire for LL, as it would be other family members. And I doubt I would ever tell friends!

About your comment toward shorter girls never being glamorous, I pretty much feel the same way, as much as I hate to admit it. My first thought was to think of examples to refute it, by pointing out certain celebrities who are shorter and are glamorous. Although some exist that others would judge as being in that category, I myself can't help but feel their glamour exists until they are over shadowed by someone significantly taller standing close to them. Then they seem to get designated to "cute." One of my issues is actually standing in a crowd with taller females. Along with confidence, it's definitely an issue with power, as funny as that sounds coming from a female.

cbick66, you're absolutely right. From the biological standpoint, height for men is truly of importance when it comes to attracting the opposite sex. As another female from this site, I can say dating males above 6'0 hasn't been an issue with me either--not where they are concerned anyway. Oh, and while I'm here, I have to commend you on your LL journey. I've read your diary, and am so pleased to hear your will, determination, and success so far.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:23:53 AM by Genaveive » Logged
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »

Hey thanks alot Genaveive. I like when people tell me they have read my diary. You wouldn't know how much you can learn from someones diary. I have probably answered the same general questions about a dozen times in that damn diary from people who just come on and read the last page lol. But keep at er, I'm sure if you want it bad enough, you'll find the courage to do it.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
SabrinaUK
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 09:00:33 PM »

I will admit, i do feel pressured by the media to become this 5ft9 Anorexic model!
However, when i was 9 i was told i was perfect for a model, i was 156cm , skinny, blue eyed, dark blonde hair, and then my modeling agency  said when i was 13, i had to be a certain height when i was 18 to model, this really hit my confidence, and even though i dont want to become a model anymore, i still feel like i want to be at least 172cm.
Also in my family of people who are 180cm-185cm, i am the shortest by far! This also made me feel some what left out, also when i did my leg to arm span, and body to leg ratio, my legs were pretty much shorter than everything else.
I did however have some trauma when i was about 12 which could of stopped me growing according to my doctor, this made me in some way feel like i wanted to acheive my true height, but i refuse to have growth hormones (read the side effects and im not to impressed!).
Whats more depressing, is i measured my height in cm the other day, thinking i was possibly about 162, turns out im 158. :-(
Well thats my reasons, please dont slate me for these reasons as i have been honest and open about them.
dreamgirl
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 06:56:31 AM »

Hey everybody,

MMT Admin "I just wondered, are some of our female members also considering LL to make them more attractive to the opposite sex, or is height less important for a woman's attractiveness?"

Yes, I agree that with most people that height is not as important a factor for women in regards to attractiveness to the opposite sex.  But in this day and age, it is very important among women, particularly in the fashion and cosmetic industry.  Now TV can do a lot of good things for short women.  I know that if you are completely gorgeous in every other way, it does not matter that you are short.  Case in point: Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria.

But height for me is about confidence and maybe even feeling powerful.  If I was completely fit maybe it wouldn't bother me so much.  But since I am a very voluptuous figure-type AND short, any extra weight at all makes me look dumpy.  But when I look taller, it drops at least 10 lbs from my body.

For example, yesterday I put on some stretchy exercise/yoga pants but they were WAY too long for me, so I wore 3.5" platforms shoes with them.  I immediatley looked and felt 20 lbs lighter.  My thighs looked slimmer and I stood straighter.  I also really like the way it makes everyday tasks a little easier; like doing the dishes.  When I stood at the sink in my platforms, the sink was at my hip bones instead of the middle/upper part of my belly.  Bending over the sink, or reaching for something in the cupboards that was out of reach before was just plain not an issue now that I was just a few inches taller! Or just kissing my husband! These are all things that are made physically easier at a taller vantage point.

Also, when I sat down, my legs didn't dangle off the chair at the restaurant. And at the park, I could actually sit forward and put my elbows on my knees and rest my chin in my hands and watch my children play without feeling like I would fall over like I usually do because I'm always leaning down toward the floor if I put my short little arms on my short little knees.  With the additional length on my calves, my thighs were parallel with the floor.  It is much more comfortable, I can tell you!  I crossed my legs, and my leg didn't slide off the other one because my thighs were level!  In fact, I think maybe my knees were actually a little higher than hip level when sitting.  Cool!

My thighs are a good length for my body, but I could easily gain 2-2 1/2" on my calves and they would still look proportional, especially since my calves are very shapely and muscular.  It would help them look leaner and more elegant.

If I am ever able to get LL, I will definately get my arms lengthened as well.  Because they are too short even for me.  My wingspan is like 4 inches shorter than my height.

So, to make it simple, for me, getting LL is a combination of wanting to ease daily tasks, remove some constant irritants, like not being able to reach the lamp which is RIGHT BESIDE ME! when I want to turn out the lights at night, and wanting to give my kids a bath with ease, (right now it is difficult to reach them easily)  so I let my husband give them baths a lot.  I also want this because I just plain want to look and feel regal rather than petite. I want to be able to carry my weight a little better without every pound making such a huge difference in my appearance.  And another thing!  I want to be able to buy clothes from the regular women's department and not have to hem the cuffs or shorten the sleeves! Embarrassed

You may ask, why not shop in the petite section?  Because my torso is not a petite torso.  I am very long waisted and the petite clothes are not cut right for my torso, and they are usually made only for thin petite women anyway. 

Petite and slender = cute petite selection of clothes. 
Petite and larger = selection of dumpy petite clothes. 

If you are a size 16, there is NOTHING to select from in the petite section that isn't dowdy!  AAUUGGGGH! Angry

I am interested in this for me and me alone.  My husband likes me the way I am, but he understands the frustrations I have with my shorter limbs.  Now if it ever came to actually doing the surgery, maybe he would not be so supportive.  Maybe he justs commiserates because he knows it is highly unlikely we would ever have the funds to do LL surgery.

But I continue to dream.  Heck, I was dreaming of this before I even knew it was possible.  So I will always hold out hope that I can get the surgery done.  I know it would help me feel more comfortable in my own skin and help me reach for other dreams and goals that I feel are "out of reach".  Cheesy  Hee! Hee!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 07:31:39 AM »

That's a great post, Dreamgirl!

I can see that the motivation is a combination of confidence and practicality for you Smiley

Do you think that you will ever be able to do it?

Lubrcate
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:25 PM »

Iin response to dreamgirls' post about short arms,
I dont know anything about arm lengthening, as there is little research on it I think.
I dont know any single cases of arm lengthening.  No offense, but it seems a bit extreme, and people who obsess to the point of wanting to lengthen even the arms seem to suffer from body dysmorphic disorder (however you spell it).
I  think being taller in itself is completely understandable, taking a risk to your legs are minimal relatively speaking, but risking your arms is another thing.  I could live life even with poor leg function, but i couldnt live life without function in my arms.  How much risk is involved with arm lengthening?  What do you think?
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 09:48:38 PM »

deburgerman:

arm lengthening is the same process as legs. I met someone that did 8cm with Illizrov on one arm. I only met him for a few minutes so I can't tell you how it went. But either way you look at it, a bone is a bone.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Genaveive
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 01:59:17 AM »

Hey thanks alot Genaveive. I like when people tell me they have read my diary. You wouldn't know how much you can learn from someones diary. I have probably answered the same general questions about a dozen times in that damn diary from people who just come on and read the last page lol. But keep at er, I'm sure if you want it bad enough, you'll find the courage to do it.

I have learned a lot from reading yours. And I noticed the repeated questions, lol. I have a couple questions myself, but I plan on reading your diary again because there was so much information given I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.