MMT Community
May 24, 2017, 01:43:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your main motivation for leg lengthening?
To increase my confidence. - 204 (44.4%)
To improve my career prospects. - 33 (7.2%)
To make me more attractive to the opposite sex. - 119 (25.9%)
For medical / correction reasons. - 13 (2.8%)
To improve my physique or proportions. - 90 (19.6%)
Total Voters: 426

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you considering LL?  (Read 53733 times)
Colossal-Cat
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »

I am male, 23 years old.  I have only just recently created an account here after reading all the premier diaries of LL patients, particularly those in Beijing.
I am roughly 172 cm tall, with a long wingspan of 180-182cm.  I am currently a student, with a part time job, having previously being employed full time after my first study following school.

Quote from: PaulAllen link=topic=84. msg87005#msg87005 date=1379592904
confidence in that i don't look like a boy anymore.

The above sentiment is one I hold in my mind on a daily basis.  To the effect that I feel my worth is undermined by taller peers.  To give specific example, a 6'6" tall guy, who is my girlfriend's acquaintance from work, made light of my height, with childish comparison of his hands, feet, etc to my own.  Despite telling this guy, who is younger than me, that his actions were hurtful to me and giving him my reasons.  He persisted to pick me up high in the air, which made my heart sink that much more.  I presumed from my short. .  time with him, that he had his own issues relative to height/attention, I still try to keep this in mind.

Though this is only one of the recent instances of conflict that I have with my height, is is a breaking point for my mental strength.  I have had many past experiences where my height has been referenced negatively.  Like many others on these forums, I wear elevating shoes.  I cannot leave the house in any other shoes than these.  I won't turn this post in to a historical log or anything.  I am shorter than my peers, I feel uncomfortable simply walking through a shopping centre.

The average height for males 18-24 in my country, is 5'10" (Australia).  I am of the understanding that my own conflict with height is relative to my environment, as is any other person's.  With this in mind I would not irrationally dismiss an individual taller than me, should they have their own lamentations with their height; but nor would I generalize based on one instance or example.

I consider LL because I want to feel comfortable, and for my body to reflect the image I have of myself in my mind.

If you have read through this post, please feel free to question me, as I may be unclear.  I simply want to provide my own position as a point of reference, and to state things as they are for myself.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »

At 5'8", I notice there are a lot of people who are taller than me.  Confidence is a key aspect, I also feel.  Like, being able to stand up to those physically bigger and taller than me is always a challenge.  Whereas if it's a smaller person trying to be hurtful to me, then I naturally don't feel offended by their actions towards me.
a 6'6" tall guy, who is my girlfriend's acquaintance from work, made light of my height, with childish comparison of his hands, feet, etc to my own.  Despite telling this guy, who is younger than me, that his actions were hurtful to me and giving him my reasons.  He persisted to pick me up high in the air, which made my heart sink that much more.  I presumed from my short. .  time with him, that he had his own issues relative to height/attention, I still try to keep this in mind.

I consider LL because I want to feel comfortable, and for my body to reflect the image I have of myself in my mind.

Same reasons here.  The 6'6" person is very lucky to be where he is, and shouldn't treat you differently.  Maybe he gets picked on because he's too tall?

And I agree, I also want my height to fit my personality

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
kururu
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2014, 01:36:46 AM »

自分でデザインした服を着こなしたい。
I would like to wear stylishly the dress designed by itself.

Iskd diary in Japan. 2014/10/14~
http://2014lengthening.blogspot.com
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2014, 02:49:32 AM »

I would like to wear stylishly the dress designed by itself.

That is some pretty deep stuff.
sdskaterLL
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »

Its not even the overall height for me. . . i just have short legs.  And im not a self consious person but i litterarly think about my short legs/LL on a daily basis.  I just want to live how i want i guess without dwelling upon leg length
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2015, 06:46:39 PM »

It's funny because, I had a big moment last night doubting my LL decision after watching Godfather III (lol), because it reminded me of how sad my parents were when I told them my decision to do LL. I almost told myself I should give up LL, and just think about all the problems my parents have to deal with, which in comparison, LL is not a major problem at all. But I had this sickening feeling in my stomach, and I can't sleep, and I began thinking all the memories that drove me to want to do LL: being bullied in middle school and had to go through extreme workout (which I think stunt my growth) to defend myself; my younger brother being bullied in high school and told me to stay away because I was not big and tall enough to help him (even after I went through extreme workouts)...and then I had a sickening thought. When I have kids, they will be bullied for being short as well. And the most sickening part of my thought is, even if I were a successful businessman and have a good family, even if I felt confident in my life, in the face of young strong bullies I would be reminded of how helpless I felt when my teenage young brother told me I could not help him. When I was bullied, I worked out. And being strong was enough to protect myself, but not enough to protect those I care. School was such an animalistic place. The strong bullies the weak, and the weak huddles in fear...

I remembered, after the incidence with my younger brother being bullied, I was so frustrated, until I discovered LL. And now, I realize, if I don't do LL, I would never have the courage to walk up to the bully, in my head or in real life, and put a hand on the bully and say, "Let my son/daughter go."
JohnnyLongLegs
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »

Quote from: duncangunit link=topic=84. msg103018#msg103018 date=1423421199
"The strong bullies the weak, and the weak huddles in fear. . . "

wrong!

the strong bully no-one, and the bully huddles in fear that people will find out that deep down, they are the weak!
swalsh
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2016, 12:02:29 AM »

I am planning to have LL surgery because I see an opportunity to improve an area of myself that I would love to improve so I'm going to seize the opportunity while I have the chance to.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »

For myself its mainly for attracting the opposite sex. At 5-7 on numerous times women have expressed quite openly that im good looking but im just too short for them which makes things 100 times more frustrating. I am extremely strong squatting 280kgs and dumbell pressing 72kg dumbells but even at this strength level i get les respect from people who just assume im not as good or worthy as them thanks to my height. The average person here in Scotland in my age group is about 5-11/6' (i have a friend who is 6-0.5" and he says he feels average nowadays) being 5" below average height for the rest of my life is simply not something imam willing to do imfeel that at 32 years old i have already endured enough psychological torture because of it and suffered huge losees through it as well.
bk989
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2016, 03:52:20 AM »

I said 'increased confidence. '  I'm a hair over 5 9 1/12.  And I'm not saying that to be mean or snide or something.  I have confidence issues with that height.  With that being said would you consider LL at that height? Would any one here recommend me to go for a 1" gain or not. . ?  I'm just wondering. 

Thanks.
Nerdz92
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2016, 05:46:48 PM »

I said 'increased confidence. '  I'm a hair over 5 9 1/12.  And I'm not saying that to be mean or snide or something.  I have confidence issues with that height.  With that being said would you consider LL at that height? Would any one here recommend me to go for a 1" gain or not. . ?  I'm just wondering. 

Thanks.

Go for at least 2inches, 1inch is not worth it lol

current height: 175 cm
goal height: 183 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
expected surgery date: 6/2016
Some Penguin
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »

5'11-6'1 Is my dream height.  I'm 5'5 2/3rds 5'6
I have always been picked on my friends for being the shortest in my groups. 
Hell every girl I've dated has been an inch or half an inch taller than me.  They teased me about it too. 
jwalk707
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2016, 03:54:09 AM »

I'm considering it because I'm a 36 year old single man who is 5'2 and isn't rich like Kevin Hart to get away with that .
fightforit
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2016, 06:05:17 AM »

To increase my CONFIDENCE.   Cool
To improve my PHYSIQUE.    :o
To make me more ATTRACTIVE to the opposite sex.   Wink

I think all of the above reasons correlate.  i can see from the poll 90% of people are doing it due to these reasons!  :P

Starting Height-161cm | Dream Height-173cm | considering to operate on Tibias-6cm, Femur-6cm|

"perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness and yet become something beautiful"
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »

It's funny because, I had a big moment last night doubting my LL decision after watching Godfather III (lol), because it reminded me of how sad my parents were when I told them my decision to do LL. I almost told myself I should give up LL, and just think about all the problems my parents have to deal with, which in comparison, LL is not a major problem at all. But I had this sickening feeling in my stomach, and I can't sleep, and I began thinking all the memories that drove me to want to do LL: being bullied in middle school and had to go through extreme workout (which I think stunt my growth) to defend myself; my younger brother being bullied in high school and told me to stay away because I was not big and tall enough to help him (even after I went through extreme workouts)...and then I had a sickening thought. When I have kids, they will be bullied for being short as well. And the most sickening part of my thought is, even if I were a successful businessman and have a good family, even if I felt confident in my life, in the face of young strong bullies I would be reminded of how helpless I felt when my teenage young brother told me I could not help him. When I was bullied, I worked out. And being strong was enough to protect myself, but not enough to protect those I care. School was such an animalistic place. The strong bullies the weak, and the weak huddles in fear...

I remembered, after the incidence with my younger brother being bullied, I was so frustrated, until I discovered LL. And now, I realivize, if I don't do LL, I would never have the courage to walk up to the bully, in my head or in real life, and put a hand on the bully and say, "Let my son/daughter go."

Fighting ability and height rarely go hand in hand and I know what I am talking about. Of course it does create an illusion among people who do not know about fighting. Hell even one of the strongest men in history, Ed Conn was a shorty !
I have seen the shortest guys toy around with big dudes so quickly that the bigger guy immediately knew what was going on. In certain fighting discipline it is actually more of an advantage being shorter, like Judo which is a real combat art if it is a serious gym.
 Use your past to motive yourself.
LL is for people who want it so bad nothing can stop them but it has little to do with fighting ability (or courage to walk up to a bully etc)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.