MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:14:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bertand - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2008 - My consultation  (Read 15987 times)
Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« on: February 29, 2008, 04:06:23 PM »

Hi everyone.
yesterday I had my consultation with Dr. Guichet in Milano
He now can visit his patients in Marseille, Milano and Sheffield too.
I had to wait some time but it wasn't a problem. I had a very detailed consultation and  he visited me about my legs ability as also Amy said. He said to me that now I can have a lenght of about 3,5 cm in my femurs, and if I will have a strong physical preparation I can reach 6-7 cm in femurs. So he ask a strong preparation for the LL process cause he said that this is his way to have a successful result. I asked about the possibility to have about 15 cm and he answers to me saying that it needs 3 step-operation and in this case I have to accept my new proportions. In anyway he doesn't take measurement on me, he just saw the ability of my actual legs. So if I would have the operation tomorrow I could have 3.5 cm. If I perform a good athletic preparation, I can gain 6-7 cm in femurs. I asked for tibias too and he said that I could have about 4 cm in tibias. The visit was very accurate but a bit quick cause he had a lot of patients in that day (his italian patients, in total he had in that day 6 consultations: me and another boy for cosmetic LL, and other 4 people for medical reasons). So I hadn't the time to ask to him everything in an accurate way.
Obviously he prefers to use Albizzia nail and he never mentioned other nails or devices.
He said that never had a case of strong complication, just a single case of infection for a patient. He shows to me some statistics about the functionality of his patients after the operation and he seems to be the best doctor (he shows!..). I had a good impression about his but I'm worried cause if I haven't a strong preparation, I can gain just 3,5 cm and not 6-7 as I want. I now have to value if this is the right doctor.
I think that the philosophy of athletic preparation with the physioterapist of the Olimpyque Marseille is good...but why the other doctor don't ask this way? He seems to give a full possibility of succes if you have an intense growth of your muscle mass and stretching ability.
In anyway, what do you think about this doctor?
I haven't problem to answer your questions.

Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »

About the price:
29.000 euros for the operation
3000 euros for every month of physio
He said that I could have the operation also in Milano, so I haven't to stay in the residence in Marseille.

About psychological evaluation:
I said to dr. I had consuelling to understand if I need LL.
He absolutely wasn't surprised and in his protocol, every people have to indicate to the doctor the name of his pshycologist or phsychiatrist, and the name of the coach that follow the patient during the pre-operation step.
He asked to me why i would like have LL as every doctor...and ask a letter of motivation that I have to send him by mail.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »

Thanks, Bertrand.

Do you think that your psychiatrist will support your decision to have LL?

Can you accept that you may only be able to do 3.5cm?

If so, are you sure that you are mentally prepared for it?

Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:54:07 PM »

He said that I need physical preparation to acheive 6-7 cms, but he didn't say that I will be able just for 3.5 cm. I just can acheive 3.5 without Athletic preparation.
Guichet said the same thing to another boy: now 4 cm and after the physical preparation you can reach 7 cm.
I think that it is his way to approach LL. He want minimize all the risks making athletic preparation and his protocol plans preparation for every patient.
I don't think my body doesn't allow an increase of 7 cm: it is just the way to minimize the risks that dr. Guichet performs.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

Yes, but are you ready for that? Do you feel strong enough to cope?

When do you intend to start your treatment?

Do you feel excited now when you think about it?

lvhetherington
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »

I'm really sorry - need to remove the post for potential legal reasons (you never know). I will definitely think of a better (less defamatory) way to phrase it and repost at a later date!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:24:33 PM by lvhetherington » Logged
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up!

elmajico
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »

About the price:
29.000 euros for the operation
3000 euros for every month of physio
He said that I could have the operation also in Milano, so I haven't to stay in the residence in Marseille.

About psychological evaluation:
I said to dr. I had consuelling to understand if I need LL.
He absolutely wasn't surprised and in his protocol, every people have to indicate to the doctor the name of his pshycologist or phsychiatrist, and the name of the coach that follow the patient during the pre-operation step.
He asked to me why i would like have LL as every doctor...and ask a letter of motivation that I have to send him by mail.

Hi Bertrand, i 'm planning to make it with him,

just a question, why is it 29.000 euros and no 40.000 like on the website or here?

it's very important for me?

it's the best wxy to make but so expansive and for my job, i need my leg quicker and the safier way, like lots of pepople actually...

thanks for ur answer
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »

I have book a consultation with Dr guichet, has anyone actually used him to perform the procedure?  Why does it seem like he limits LL to 6-7 cm on the femur?
Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »

Hi Elmajico, hi Jamee! Smiley
About the price of operation, it is about 40.000 euros...the price is about this.
I just wrote 29.000 euros to consider just the price of the operation. But you have to consider also 3000 euros for physio every month.
I'm not sure if you must have physio only with Guichet or you have other way. But I really think you Must have quite all the physio activities with him. I didn't care about this question cause if i will choose Guichet to LL, I want have the physio with him.
So if you consider the price of 29.000 (maybe it's arleady changed) plus the price for physio....you obtain a total cost of about 40.000 euros and more.
You can have also the operation in Milan or Sheffild, but if you live near these cities obviously. In this case you have to see what are all the options about the price of the hospital
I think that in anyway, you should contact him for the price question and ask to him what is the best way for you to minimize the price...but the difference will be small, in anyway.
The direct contact with the surgeon is the best solution. So you can discover also if there will be a variation of the price in the next time.

About the question of 6-7 cm you can read on this website:
"8. In what percentage of cases do your patients experience complications? Including complications, the number of operation for my cosmetics cases is 2.2 per patient (including setting, removal of the device and complications) for an average 66 mm gain, which is lower than in other teams and with other techniques: for instance for a 8 or 9 cm of gain you will barely go below 5 to 6 operations with the Fitbone !!"

It is Guichet philosophy to minimize the risks. If you want more you have to do 2 operations. You can reach your goal in steps, but obviously it is very very expensive.

Maybe, if you have a great physical preparation before the operation, you can acheive more.
He said to me about two experiences of 9 and 9,5 cm for two patients just  with one operation.
All my best wishes.
Bertrand

Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 06:06:26 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I would like to see a full 10 cm increase in my femur.  I have stop all weight lifting in exchange for a lot of stretching.  Last month I could squat 425lbs... or 200kgs free weight.  But I couldn't touch my toes for the life of me now I can touch my toes and I am getting closer every week to doing the splits.  I hope all this preperation will prepare me for a good LL operation. 

I really want to have Dr. Guichet perform the operation b/c I would prefer to live in France during the lenghting process, but if Betz is more confident at getting me 10 cm... Then I'll have to see him in Germany. 

Q:  Has anyone done LL with Dr. Guichet?  Did he allow you to go the full lengthing amount?  I have thoroughly read Dr. Guichet website, but there seems to be lack of information on experience with Dr. Guichet on this board...

Jamee
elmajico
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:19 AM »

Hi Elmajico, hi Jamee! Smiley
About the price of operation, it is about 40.000 euros...the price is about this.
I just wrote 29.000 euros to consider just the price of the operation. But you have to consider also 3000 euros for physio every month.
I'm not sure if you must have physio only with Guichet or you have other way. But I really think you Must have quite all the physio activities with him. I didn't care about this question cause if i will choose Guichet to LL, I want have the physio with him.
So if you consider the price of 29.000 (maybe it's arleady changed) plus the price for physio....you obtain a total cost of about 40.000 euros and more.
You can have also the operation in Milan or Sheffild, but if you live near these cities obviously. In this case you have to see what are all the options about the price of the hospital
I think that in anyway, you should contact him for the price question and ask to him what is the best way for you to minimize the price...but the difference will be small, in anyway.
The direct contact with the surgeon is the best solution. So you can discover also if there will be a variation of the price in the next time.

About the question of 6-7 cm you can read on this website:
"8. In what percentage of cases do your patients experience complications? Including complications, the number of operation for my cosmetics cases is 2.2 per patient (including setting, removal of the device and complications) for an average 66 mm gain, which is lower than in other teams and with other techniques: for instance for a 8 or 9 cm of gain you will barely go below 5 to 6 operations with the Fitbone !!"

It is Guichet philosophy to minimize the risks. If you want more you have to do 2 operations. You can reach your goal in steps, but obviously it is very very expensive.

Maybe, if you have a great physical preparation before the operation, you can acheive more.
He said to me about two experiences of 9 and 9,5 cm for two patients just  with one operation.
All my best wishes.
Bertrand

Hi Bertrand, Thanks for your post, i'm gonna check with him

Take care Cheesy
Phil
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »

DOES NOT SEEM WORTH IT FOR SUCH LITTLE GAIN W GUICHET
bambi
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:31 AM »

Thanks, Bertrand.

Do you think that your psychiatrist will support your decision to have LL?

Can you accept that you may only be able to do 3.5cm?

If so, are you sure that you are mentally prepared for it?

Hi MMT,

Thanks for this forum, it is great source of information for us newbies.  My question is are there any diaries of people who have had LL with Dr Guichet other than jamie.  I am anxious to hear peoples experience with him. 

Bambi
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »

Hi MMT,

Thanks for this forum, it is great source of information for us newbies.  My question is are there any diaries of people who have had LL with Dr Guichet other than jamie.  I am anxious to hear peoples experience with him. 

Bambi

Not many people have had it with Dr. Guichet, so Jamee's is the first credible one that I know of Smiley

Maverick77
MMT Member

Credibility 18

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 01:33:54 AM »

Hey Bertand,

How are you doing mate? I heard about an Italian guy who seems to be doing  great with Dr Guichet, could this possibly be you?

Happy Easter and Pesach to ya'll Cool

Maverick
Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 02:24:41 AM »

Hi Maverick!!! Smiley
Thanks for your wishes!!!
I'm sorry but i'm not the italian patient of Guichet!
Do you know if he is on this forum?
All my best wishes!
Bertrand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.